• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] What are some bucket list type goals you have for day one?

Years
  • Hey everyone,

I'm just curious what are some bucket list type goals everyone has for release day. Do you plan on maybe - shiny hunting or starting a nuzlocke right away? Perhaps start hunting for that particular 'mon you like. Maybe you're aiming to beat the game as quick as possible first or possibly transfer your favorite 'mons from Home\ their respective game.

For me, I plan on using my list over at Pokedextracker to continue where I left off with the reward for completing the National Pokédex in Pokémon HOME so I can unlock Original Color Magearna. I also plan on making new friends to share that awesome adventure and journey with to trade version exclusives and battle.

One thing I'm currently waiting for is preorder bonuses, I'm waiting for the best preorder bonus, so far for preordering Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl Double Pack I've only seen each preorder including the region's first partner Pokémon as plush key chains and for preordering Pokémon Legends: Arceus you receive an Arceus Sitting Cuties Plush as a bonus gift. But in-game content for me will be the better bonus.

So how are some ways you are preparing for the release of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I am going to do a shiny run fingers crossed your starter can be shiny so every route I will look for a shiny

Years
  • I am going to do a shiny run fingers crossed your starter can be shiny so every route I will look for a shiny

Yeah, I think every Pokemon game from Generation I forward has let you rng the starter you receive in the beginning of the game. Although, you will be facing full on shiny odds and I suggest that you save your game right before so you can avoid any dialogue or cutscenes. What starter are you going with?

Years
  • I'll be playing normally on the first playthrough, but I'm definitely interested in at least playing through the game using mons I've never tried to use before. Maybe things that're more underrated, like Pachirisu or Mothim. Goodness knows how often I've used things like Luxray and Floatzel already ahaha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I tend to always play a new pokémon game completely blind and not have any particular plan, not even for a team. Re-runs are different ofc :3 So in a way I suppose my preparation would be... To not prepare 😅

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Besides the starter and maybe a fav or two like Shinx line, I'd like to try some pokemon I never used before. Not going to come up with a pre-set team however.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Echoing people about using mons I rarely use. The new variants should spice things up a bit.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2021
    To complete Ultra Moon and then Shield before this releases lol.

I may try to reset for a shiny starter, I feel like it's something I need to do at least once.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I am thinking of starting it with baby pokemon maybe....

Years
  • playing normally, although much like bobandbill i don't have a set team in mind. c: not really going to do anything special for my normal story run, though.

Back