• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some features you have always wanted to see in a fan game that have never been pulled off?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Currently mapping out my own game and wondering what things people have thought would be cool to see but have never been pulled off properly in a game.

Canal_do_Lontra

Oshawott uses Razor Shell
    Years
  • I think that secret bases with more items to put and online features, that only two fan games have online features that I know (Pokémon Insurgence and Pokémon Uranium).
    If I get other idea i can tell you.

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
    Years
  • What I want to see. That has never been done. Is before you start a battle, that you have the ability to choose which Pokémon you are going to use. A cois toss to see who draws fist.
    The second thing is, the ability to choose how many Pokémon you want to battle with. This will affect price money.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    I don't know if this is the right thread, but it would be cool if 1 or more moves of the opponents pokemon could be randomized to a tm/egg move/ tutor move etc.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would like to see a game giving Gym leaders (and other important battles) a more "competitive" treatment akin to the official battles these battles are supposed to be.

"Gyms" are basically rooms with a trainer sitting at the end, hiding behind whatever nonsensical puzzle that has nothing to do with Pokémon and waiting for you to challenge them. It doesn't make sense.

I think they should be more like mini-tournaments or arenas where you compete against a few other trainers, and the winner gets the right to challenge the gym leader. And while inside a Gym, Battle style locked to Set and no use of cheese items like Full Restores, potions, or X items (held items only, as in competitive) to make it feel more like official battles with no unfair advantages hand-holding the player. The Radical Red rom hack already does some of this.

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
    Years
  • So how is your game coming along?

In addition to my previous post. I would like to add something.
    Pokemon in your storage loose the connection you have overtime. So in oder for them to fully listen to you again you need to have them in your party.

You can sell your pokemon to team rocket.

Option to battle with one or more at the time.

Back