• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some of your least favorite anime?

Years
    Hotaru/Hinata's grandfather from H20 ~Footprints in the Sand~. I've never hated an anime character as much as him. I swear I wanted to punch my computer screen a few times watching some episodes, he made me furious! Aha, he's probably my most hated.

And I'd say Remus from Guin Saga, he whines too much...

Years
    Kannazuki no Miko. I was promised yuri and awesome mecha action. What I got was horrible yuri angst that made me sick to like yuri and subpar mecha subplot. Worst part,
    Spoiler:

Black Cat's there too for not being the "two mercenaries on the road" show I expected from reading the manga's first chapter, but some kind of convoluted organization plot thing I didn't sign up for.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    The worst animes for me were Eiken, Green Green, and After Was Gundam X.

Eiken..I don't know why I picked it up, but from the synopsis and some user's ratings, it had fanservice and romance. While I don't mind these genres, I was disappointed with Eiken. The comedy in it was overused and the characters in it were HORRIBLE!

Green Green. Although I enjoyed it at first, it started getting repetetive at the middle. The charaters were also horrible.

After War Gundam X. This was the worst Gundam series I watched, IMO. The action was bad, the characters were cliche, and the art was meh..(being 15 years old and all).

Well, that's it. xD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Naruto, Bleach, and DragonBall Z at a distant third, all for simply having incredibly drawn out fights and a generally unlikeable cast. And no, I'm not a troll.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hotaru/Hinata's grandfather from H20 ~Footprints in the Sand~. I've never hated an anime character as much as him. I swear I wanted to punch my computer screen a few times watching some episodes, he made me furious! Aha, he's probably my most hated.

And I'd say Remus from Guin Saga, he whines too much...

I mean Anime, not anime characters XD

The worst animes for me were Eiken, Green Green, and After Was Gundam X.

Eiken..I don't know why I picked it up, but from the synopsis and some user's ratings, it had fanservice and romance. While I don't mind these genres, I was disappointed with Eiken. The comedy in it was overused and the characters in it were HORRIBLE!

Green Green. Although I enjoyed it at first, it started getting repetetive at the middle. The charaters were also horrible.

After War Gundam X. This was the worst Gundam series I watched, IMO. The action was bad, the characters were cliche, and the art was meh..(being 15 years old and all).

Well, that's it. xD
    Your right about Green Green, I mean it was kinda good in the beginning but it started to get bad :/

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Don't think i've ever hated an Anime. I've not enjoyed some enough to stop watching but not really hated them.

Didn't enjoy Green Green, UFO Princess Valkyrie (stopped watching after 5 epps). I'm guessing a lot of the long running shows have bad parts, i didn't particularly like the Bounts storyline in Bleach.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Wait, so I like Kannazuki no Miko now? Due to the nature of this thread, someone will dislike something you like. Best to just hate and let hate or something. :\
    So you're saying I'm not allowed to disagree with you? I didn't say anything about you having to like it.

Years
    Charizard★ said:
    I mean Anime, not anime characters XD
    /

AHA oops, for some reason I read this as characters... aha if it was ANIME then that's a different story.

I didn't like Lucky Star because it was the same thing over and over. The first half of it was pretty good because the characters are all fun, but everything was repetitive. :(

Elfen Lied was a bit too much for me too.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    11eyes was just an all around failure. It's one of those anime that tries to combine serious moments with lame dialogue and then attempts to be funny on purpose with cliché perverted situations in the OVA.

The second season of Shakugan no Shana. I was looking forward to more kick-butt action with Shana and then we get this dramatic high school atmosphere with two girls fighting over one guy. I know it's a romance/school and not a shounen, but it would have been more successful if it was shounen first and foremost. I think most of the fans are male because they are attracted by the action and by Shana and I'm sure most guys don't want to watch all the dramatic romance crap. I can only hope the third season will improve.

I don't know what I was expecting from Makai Senki Disgaea except maybe some good action, but I was relatively bored watching this. It can't be helped since most anime adapted from video games usually do not do so well.

The entire Love Hina franchise minus the Christmas Special. I regret buying this series because it was pretty much boring and repetitive. I admit the first time I watched a few episodes it was pretty funny, but when I decided to rewatch the series from the start, it was pretty painful to complete. Then again, I'm not the type who cares much for ecchi and harem.

Full Metal Panic! (not FUMOFFU) was hard to watch too. I don't really care for mecha anime either, but I saw FUMOFFU and it was hilarious so I decided to watch the main series and I was disappointed. It's my fault for watching FUMOFFU first, but I don't know if I would have enjoyed FMP either way.

kai0kun

Chibi Trainer
    Years
    I have this reeeal dislike for Bleach for some reason....I have watched one or two episodes of it but i just cant keep myself to want to watch it any more. I don't know what it is about it that just makes me loath it!!

Years
    So you're saying I'm not allowed to disagree with you? I didn't say anything about you having to like it.
    What he means is how can you disagree with someone's dislike of something unless you're implying he likes it. The intent of this thread is for someone to list shows that he dislikes, not shows that he thinks is bad. They can correlate, but that's not the point.

As for myself, Dragon Ball GT grinds my gears pretty badly. I regret all those wasted hours on Toonami waiting for something cool to happen. I also am not really fond of (and feel free to throw stones if you wish) Code Geass. It asks me to take it seriously, but all it does to try to convince me to do so is having a soap opera of character cliches. There were some genuinely entertaining moments, so I'm not going to say it's all bad, but the sheer number of people calling it anime perfection really lowers my view of it in general. Special mentions go to: Strawberry Panic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, FLCL, and He is my master.

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I have quite a few :3

Eureka 7 my friends were blabbering about how good and entertaining it was so I gave it a watch. My god I regret it. The characters were horribly developed and most had funny names. MOONDOGGY WTF!!!. I didn't like the storyline either. The only good thing was the art and that's it.

Paranoia Agent a dude beating up people with a bat....how entertaining

Ghost in the Shell I don't completly dislike it but I just couldn't understand what was going on. Everything was so confusing at times that its insane. The characters scenes and artwork were very good

The hated of the hated for me
    Fooly Cooly

I'm a random person but what the hell was going on. The story was all over the place. It wasn't funny either which I think it was supposed to be. The characters are horrible and quite frankly the art style is horribad. How anyone can watch this is beyond me :/.

sabs546

that guy
    Years
    mew mew power i have a reason

Iv'e seen some episoe and in my opinion

the mew mews are not strong
    the enemy's are weak
    the attacks are a joke
    the last episode kept reminding me about other animes

oh yeah and lucky star because

they talk too much
    and what's the plot
    I've watched loads of episodes and i don't know what it's about

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    My least favorite would have to be Digimon.
    I watched the first couple of episodes and it was like a cheap rip off of Pokemon..
    I didn't really understand the main story line either.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Neon Genesis Evangelion.

It's not many of the things it's praised for being.
    I'd read pages of posts about it being "the best anime ever" and "extremely deep" so naturally I took up the expectations and sallied forth. Really I found it to be no deeper than a thick-crust pizza; better than those thin ones, but at the end of the day I still don't like pizzas and they're flat as scotch pancakes. Apparently (ie. going by others' observations) I'm a deep person, so I'd imagine that for me to appreciate something as deep is a lot to ask. It's reasonably lively if nothing else, but for what I was expecting, a resounding "nyeehhhhhh".

It doesn't help that a number of things go unexplained, but I don't hold it to fault for that, some authors simply like to let the audience fill in the gaps and there's nothing wrong with that per se, but far too many things awry. Now, I actually fall into the crowd of folk who became confused by it at some point or other, but briefly going through some parts again and looking at the sequence of events seems to reveal that I'm not confused, the anime is just being... poor; spontaneous and vague which contradicts the thing people make about it being deep.

Lastly, Asuka seems to be the embodiment of everything I can find to resent in an anime character, so I was bothered about being apparently supplied with the notion that I should care about her. Again shall I overlook this? —but that's the point, once I go over every thing I dislike about it, it turns out I've gone over everything anyway...

I ended up only watching through the whole thing just so I could badmouth it without recieving the "it gets better later" excuse or any others (since if there's any single anime people will make excuses for, it's this one). I was hoping it'd have a nice ending or some redeeming factor but... pfff... this is why I usually judge things prematurely, because I'm right about what I'll like.

Back