• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some simple pleasures you enjoy most?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Whether it be sleeping in on a Saturday, or being able to go to the mall and find a parking space, or maybe even just being able to take a warm shower in the morning, what are some of the simple pleasures you really enjoy the most?

Years
    A nice cold drink of water at any time: when I wake up, before I go to bed, after eating, after exercising, whenever. That's probably the simplest simple pleasure of mine.

I also love taking my shoes and socks off and scrunching the carpet with my toes getting that free, naked feeling of having bare feet.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    - Going to Taco Bell
    - A cold canned Dr. Pepper
    - Sour Punch Straws
    - Lip syncing
    - Talking to friends in #swablunest, Skype, or Twitter
    - Icon hunting
    - Petilil and Umbreon
    - Opening a pack of Pokemon cards (new cards feel so great)
    - Watching How To Train Your Dragon or YGOTAS
    - Playing Pokemon
    - Any combination of these things
    - Surprises that have to do with any of these things

Maybe some of these aren't simple idk but these are some of the things I enjoy the most and wow I want some Dr. Pepper and Taco Bell now.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I actually enjoy car drives because I have the opportunity for some one-on-one time with myself to think and reflect whilst listening to some cool music. :D I do the same thing lying on my bed too, just reflecting on things I've done and what is expected of me later on.

Ace.

Love Yourself
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    Sleeping. When im tired after a long and exhausting day I just love sleeping. I also love showering on those days when its really hot. But Food is the thing I enjoy the most. :3

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
    Years
    Home-made lemonade, cool showers on hot days, new books, pencils, sketch pads. Summer storms and hugs, ooh that soft feeling on your feet after being on the beach as well as pouring the sand out your shoes :P

....come to think of it, there are a lot of simple things I enjoy :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Finishing up plans for a Pokemon team

Drawing

Playing with my best friend's toddler sister (I taught her to balance on my hands once and we were walking around the house like that <3) I'm so cheesy. ]:

Blasting music while on the internet

Successfully skateboarding down a steep hill which previously caused you to fall

Last edited:

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    -The moment when my nephews finally fall asleep.
    -Relaxing on the couch with my laptop.
    -Peanut Butter Sandwiches.
    -Listening to music.

Maybe some of these aren't simple but they are moments when I relax and relaxing is pleasurable.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I'm blissfully pleased when eating my favorite foods, like steak, pizza, shrimp, or cheesecake. I'd kill for a cold can of Dr. Pepper on some days... I'm also happy when I can sleep in or curl up in bed with my tablet.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    That relaxing feeling when you just lay down on your bed after running in the park all morning or doing something strenuous. Ooh, it feels like heaven.

Reading books while listening to classical music is also one of my simple pleasures. I also enjoy it when I'm all alone, or when everybody is silent.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    My boyfriend and I go on long cruises through our town and listen to Portuguese covers of David Bowie songs.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Relaxing in a comfortable armchair with a good long novel to read for hours without anyone disturbing you, absorbed into the world within those fragile pages...

Those huge quenching gulps of cups and cups of water after that big exercise...

Playing with a puppy, petting it and rubbing its belly with soothing, repetitive strokes...

Taking a long walk through nature with the wind blowing through your hair, the warm sun shining on your face, the sounds of nature filling your ears...

Listening to classical/instrumental music with your eyes closed, letting the running melodies penetrate your innermost being...

Those are a few of my favourite things. ♥

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    A late night drive while listening to some good music. I guess sleeping in could be another thing, but I don't know what that's like anymore. D:

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    -Sleeping in
    -Talking to my boyfriend
    -Eating delicious food
    - Watching TV
    -Playing video games
    -taking a walk on nice days
    - taking showers/ the way you feel after a shower
    -Browsing the internet
    -just relaxing
    -petting, playing with and caring for my cat

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Looking at the night sky.

Whenever I clean the kitchen, it usually occurs at night, so when I take out the trash out, it is usually dark and the stars are out, and every time, I end up just staring at the sky for a few minutes. Looking at the infinity of it all, the light that has taken millenia to reach my eyes. It really takes my breath away.

...On the other hand, my neighbors probably think I am weird for standing in front of my house at night staring at the sky. Like I am waiting for my alien brethren to take me back home. Eh, oh well, haha.

Back