• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are the best fan games in your opinion? (not romhacks)

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I love fan games a lot more than romhacks.

Suggest your favorites please!

My preferences are games that are unique or have a lot of content or new features. So it feels really different from the same old stuff.

Thank you!

ayaan44

Filth_Silver
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Spoilers!!! (I said a bit too much)
    Tbh i really like pokemon xenoverse, adds new types, new region(u see this alot), really cool fake Mon and varient as well as challenging boss battles. It's easily in my top 10.
    My favourite however has to be pokemon reborn and it was an experience. Never had to think so much before a battle going in I had no idea what a ride it would be? They added fields into the game that effect almost everything Goin into the battle. It can be something as minor as making a move change type to nullifying the the type that has advantage again the oponnets team, so much effort is put into the game that it's incredible

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Hey, if you like creative original mechanics, and a unique gameplay you should check Poke Wisteria Online...
    Its not like an average fangame, and the game is designed in a way to promote roleplay, you create your character and the mechanics and rules will aid you to live his life/journey as you and interact with other players, its pretty fun...
    The setting happens 30 years before red's journey, the league was just starting its business and the pokedex was still being developed, you can be a head member and organizer of the league to a general trainer kid, a scientist, a professor helping kids start their journey, a gym leader, a villain, actually anything the story can come up to, and there are ALOT of mechanics to aid those:
    small examples: you can end up discovering "custom" powers, and then teach other people, like being a human with telekinetic powers, or be a great engineer and create huge machinery like team rocket's mechas, or even be a leading businessman and control portion of the region and create your own villain team, be a high member of the police and help enforce the law, even the law is up to global power that can end up changing like the govern and the league... the technological discoveries are made by players, the factories, mines and laboratories are held by in game player organized groups that end up defining the items being sold and exported through the region...
    everything you can think of can (and will be) affected by the story!...
    Interface is pretty clean and original aswell!
    Tho, the game opens up in "seasons" we call "wipes", once a story comes to an end the game goes into a downtime and the developers make the new features and get ready for the next wipe/test (during these open beta periods), in the future we wont "reset" and instead will have just one long wipe..:
    All of this said, you should check the games discord to know more, keep your eyes open there because next wipe will start very soon (probably this week!)
    https://discord.gg/MGhhsfx

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My current top 3:
    1. Splice: My current favourite. Instead of Gym story, it is about mechanical science vs biologically science where you can choose a team and story (and places) change. Very good Fakemon/regionals. Doesn't have much content because original team leave the game.
    2. Uranium: A standard game, with nice twists on nuclear pokémon. Good or very good in everything. Has only small issues like trade evolution.
    3. Raptor EX: Very good, but a little dated (it was from 2010).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Pokemon Tectonic: Evey mon is viable, includes gen 1-8, 13 fakemonss. Also reworkss a few key mechanics. My favorite game ever

Pokemon Xenoverse: Highest quality game, feels better than most official pokemon games. Incredibly high quality fakemons, amazing original story, unique mechanics, etc.

Years
  • Number 1 favourite : Insurgence (lots of great fakémon (Delta variants), a long and great run to complete the Pokédex (over 900), great musics, ...
    Then there is Solar Light - Lunar Dark, and Zeta / Omicron. Oh, and, for those who enjoy top level battles and hairpulling puzzles, Reborn!

Back