• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are the most promising new Pokemon and forms?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It's rather hard to predict how much of an impact any of these new things will have on the meta really when how things work out on paper can be different from how it works out in reality. Especially when we don't know a lot of other important information about the new stuff. There's a large number of interesting looking new abilities being introduced, like Bruxish's Dazzling, Salandit's Corrosion, Yungoos's Stakeout, Oricorio's Dancer, Tapu Koko's Electric Surge, etc. But that's all they really are right now. Dazzling sounds crazy anti-meta given how good/useful priority is, but it could turn out that Bruxish has completely shit stats and a garbage movepool and ends up not being useful despite the ability. Who knows.

Pretty sure Zygarde 100% will be auto-banned to Ubers tho when we finally learn its base stat spread

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I feel like Alolan Marowak will be pretty strong. Thick Club should still work with since it is still a Marowak, and Fire/Ghost STAB is pretty good offensive typing. Also with Lightning Rod it has 3 immunities, so I'm looking forward to that.

Also, is it confirmed whether or not Alolan forms have different base stats than the normal forms?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Alolan Sandslash will completely suffer in a competitive environment because Ice/Steel is a horrible defensive typing, with plenty of common weaknesses, especially to Fire and Fighting.

I think Alolan Marowak may be a mixed attacker of sorts, given that its bone is on fire, in order to make use of Lightning Rod's Special Attack boost better.

Gumshoos will be fun to use in the lower tiers because Stakeout can punish switch-ins by hitting them hard with twice the power (it essentially makes a 2x resisted move neutral).

Komala is one I'm interested in, since it's a Rapid Spinner immune to every status except sleep.

Pyukumuku just may be one of the best death fodder Pokemon that discourages OHKOing it from full health because Innards Out will inflict damage on the attacker equal to the HP Pyukumuku had before it got KOed, forcing the opponent to just chip away at it.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • The only two Pokemon that really interest me right now (meta-wise) are Bewear and Alolan Marowak. Bewear for its obviously very high attack stat (hoping for something around Rampardos' level, given how much they've been hyping its strength), and Alolan Marowak for its FANTASTIC offensive-typing. If it can still use the Thick Club and has better speed, I can very easily see Marowak being a huge offensive threat.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Though it borders on inane/obvious, Tapu Koko + Alolan Raichu could be good together. With double speed Raichu would outspeed nearly everything besides very fast Choice Scarf users. Raichu could cover Poison types that give Tapu Koko a hard time while Tapu Koko could punish Dark types for Raichu. Hopefully Tapu Koko will be given some good support moves to assist Raichu with a sweep.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm most interested in seeing how Magearna turns out. It has a pretty decent typing in Steel/Fairy, and Soul Heart seems like it'll turn out to be a great ability. Type: Null looks like it will be petty good, but I'll wait until a bit more information on it is released. UB-02 Absorbtion looks like it'll be pretty good based on it's design alone. I wouldn't be surprised if it had a pretty high attack state and a decent offensive arsenal to compliment it.

Back