• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What are the odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    the odds are about 1 in 1,640,000,000 of getting a shiny ralts w/ pokerus

or course you can add all sorts of varialbles in to make it seem more rare... like level and nature and such...

the odds of shniy and pokerus togeather are 1 in 65,600,000...thats what i'd be mentioning...

of course the odds of catching that EXACT pokemon again are closer to 1 in 100,000,000,000

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    i was gunna say its abit of slim chance as its a hard chance of getting a ralts then its hard getting shiny and even pokerus but all same time.
    not bad lol

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Shiny PokeRus Ralts is 1 in (4 x 8250 x 8000) = 1 in 264000000
    Shny PokeRus Modest Ralts = 6600000000

(YOU'RE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!)

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Erk!

Holy Guacamole! That rare?! Man, I'll never see a chance like this again. I'd better do really well with Ralts. Anyway, I've named him Hikaru... because he shines so! Lol. I still don't know which moves I wanna teach him... Maybe since he's gonna have such high Sp. Attack I should give him some elementals... like maybe fire blast, ice beam, thunderbolt, etc. Heck, I don't even know how many of those he can learn, but I haven't gotten to that point yet anyway. I haven't even levelled him up yet. >_< I'm still afraid I'm going to mess his stats up.

Here's a funny question. If I were to sell my cartridge with the shiny ralts in it on eBay, how much do you suppose it would bring? Not that I'd ever sell it now, lol! :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Only addicts would actually buy it, and I'm not sure about the Pokemon addict market on eBay. It could go for $5, it could go for $50. It's just chance on eBay.

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
    Years
    You are so lucky!!!!!!

OMG you are not going to believe this! I just ran into a shiny Pikachu in the Safari zone of Sapphire! JUST NOW! Wait... lemmie see... oooo...

Later: Caught it! No PokeRus, but it did have a Light Ball! Is it, like, Lucky Day or something?

Last edited:

KiraYamato

Sumyungai
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Thats pretty crazy about the Ralts, I would be pretty freaked out if it had happend to me haha.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    Wow that's incredibly lucky! I'd be suprised if it was just a regular Ralts!

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    if you want a good moveset post a topic in the moveset section

for now I suggest:

Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Bolt

BTW post the stats, the level and nature but, I read that it was modest so, :D

and I can give you the IV's

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Wow.. you are one lucky person... 1/264000000 chance?! (But then, I think you've run out of luck for 2 years, seeing you defied the odds :P)

About the PokeRus. Even if the infected Pokemons PokeRus goes off, it will still get the double EV bonus (you can see this with a black dot on the stat screen). But, Pokemon previously effetced by the PokeRus will get immune to it, so it won't be able to catch it a 2nd time (but then, whats the point if it has the double EV bonus?)

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    well then id say catching a ralts is odds of 25-1. but finding a blue ralts is 300-1! how about that? to find a ralts early in the game, dont make your pokemon faint. then u have better odds in finding it. if pokemon fainted, odds would be 75-1.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Gold Groudon14 said:
    well then id say catching a ralts is odds of 25-1. but finding a blue ralts is 300-1! how about that? to find a ralts early in the game, dont make your pokemon faint. then u have better odds in finding it. if pokemon fainted, odds would be 75-1.

???? None of that made any sense to me. Am I missing something?

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    darkvibraba said:
    that is so darn luck.........all i've gotten is a mother humping fearow wich wasat lv.51, so it wouldnt serve me much.it is on my lg. <(XX)>

well i wouldnt say its hard to find. i found ralts first time. to find ralts, ur pokemon must like you or it will be hard to find.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    if you want a good moveset post a topic in the moveset section

for now I suggest:

Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Bolt

BTW post the stats, the level and nature but, I read that it was modest so,

and I can give you the IV's

I think the ice punch can be changed to double team.

Years
    Ralts,Shiny,pokerus,awsome nature= A ****ing rare pokemon. Ev train in speed and sp.att, and spred the virus around ure team.A gavinour ms:

Gavinour@Petya
    Modest
    252 sp.att/252 speed/6 sp.def

~Calm Mind
    ~Phychic
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Ice punch/beam

That is an awsme poke there.... Ure lucky.

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    baby azurill said:
    You are so lucky!!!!!!

OMG you are not going to believe this! I just ran into a shiny Pikachu in the Safari zone of Sapphire! JUST NOW! Wait... lemmie see... oooo...

Later: Caught it! No PokeRus, but it did have a Light Ball! Is it, like, Lucky Day or something?

shiny pikachu? mint! what color was it? was it yellow? (it looks like that on pokemonelite2000) or orange?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back