• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are the songs that speak to you the most?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    We all have our favorite songs, that much is true. For some of us, music can play a huge role in our lives. That's why I was curious about the songs you feel speak to you the most. Just like the title says... what are some songs that you feel really speak to you? Perhaps it's a song that expresses your feelings to the world around you? Maybe it's a song that you honestly relate to more than any other song? Well, what song is it? Why does this song speak to you out of any song you listened to? If it's too personal for you to explain, you don't have to say why. Just say it's for personal reasons and we'll understand your wishes. :3

There are a few songs that do relate to me. I'll just name a few since I can't remember them all.

The Lucky One - Simple Plan
    ; This song speaks to me because it's just how I feel. Like, I want to be the lucky one who gets what she deserves in life. I often think about how my life could be if I wasn't disabled. I just feel like having a disability makes everything more difficult. It's so hard to be me and to find just where I belong in this world.

Perfect - Simple Plan; This song relates to my feelings towards my parents. Basically, I feel as though they don't understand me the way they should. Like, how sometimes I wish I could be perfect for them, only I'm not and never will be. I'll never be able to make them proud no matter how hard I try.

Welcome to my Life - Simple Plan; This song also relates to me because I always feel like nobody understands me in this world. No one knows just what it's like to live my life. Like, they can't put themselves in my shoes and see the world I see instead of their own.

Warrior - Demi Lovato; This song relates to me because after all the pain and bad memories, I feel as though I've become a warrior through it all. I don't worry as much about my past as I used to, or at least I try not to anyway.

I'll probably update this again if/when I think about more songs. I apologize if this has been made before, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been? O_o

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    I like all the Lily Allen songs, especially her new one Somewhere Only We Know, I listened to it after my cat died, it made me emotional but happy at the same time which is ok I guess ^_^ I like the line' Simple thing, where have you gone?'

I like Lenka, Mumford and Sons and Plan B as well :)

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    "City of Ocala" and "Right Back At It Again" by A Day To Remember.

Odd choice - especially considering I have barely anything in common with them - but you have to understand they're talking about something I'm currently going through as I'm learning the motions of the field which I want to end up going into.
    Unless you're someone like me, you wouldn't really get it.

....Oh, emotionally? I have no idea. lol

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I like all the Lily Allen songs, especially her new one Somewhere Only We Know, I listened to it after my cat died, it made me emotional but happy at the same time which is ok I guess ^_^ I like the line' Simple thing, where have you gone?'

I like Lenka, Mumford and Sons and Plan B as well :)
    Funny you mention Somewhere Only We Know, nothing against Lily Allen because I do like her stuff, but imo Keane's original version resonates more with me. For me this song's a nostalgia trip that I only recently rediscovered, and the powerful chorus gives you the chills.

And of course, as I do mention this song a lot, Fair and Kind's Last Song for Now. Admittedly, the musical content "speaks" more to me than the actual words, but it still is a mixture of both that keeps the play count rising.

Back