• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what are the trainers names translated in english?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    THIS THREAD IS BASED ON WHAT PEOPLE THINK NOT FACTS SO DONT SAY THERE WRONGBECAUSE THIER IS NO SUCH THINGIF ITS THIER OPINION

hikari= kari (cause in digimon there is a girl named kari in english and hikari in jap.)
    shinji = idk
    what do you say?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hikari translates to "Light", for the record (which fits in that example since her crest was the crest of LIGHT).

...Maybe they'll leave Shinji as-is...nah. I don't know...

I'd like to see Hikari's name be Mary, though...that would be kinda funny to me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    o.k
    well thats what ill name her on the diamond , but yea what do u think her name will be?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Hikari translates to "Light", for the record (which fits in that example since her crest was the crest of LIGHT).

...Maybe they'll leave Shinji as-is...nah. I don't know...

I'd like to see Hikari's name be Mary, though...that would be kinda funny to me.

that would be a good name for her :)
    yea mary
    and shinji
    and shane was a gud 1 too

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    i think it may be something that means light and starts with a M

cause if you would look

May= hakura
    misty= (i 4get lol)
    ? ? ? = hikari

Years
  • If Hikari's English name would have something to do with light, then why doesn't May have anything to do with...uh...being distant (haruka). =P

But then, that was 4kids, maybe PUSA will do it differently.

But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they're all just random, common, meaningless names.

Kari sounds good. Mary sounds too...reserved considering her personality.

~Chibi~

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2007
    misty, and may had japanese names that have the letter ''h'' in the begining and ''m'' in the english show hikiaris name will start with M!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    misty, and may had japanese names that have the letter ''h'' in the begining and ''m'' in the english show hikiaris name will start with M!

but you dont know that 4 sure it could be something new ;) u never know lol

Back