• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
Years
  • On Switch, I'm currently playing Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town. On PC, I been going back and forth between CrossCode, Cyberpunk 2077, and Persona 5 Strikers.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Loop Hero, loooots of Loop Hero, it's been fun

Also just finished Ace Attorney 6 the other day, Spirit of Justice, and like...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So basically I'd been crawling through the game for the past 2 years and it wasn't because I didn't like it or anything, it was just...life. Stuff going on at the time. For some people books, vns, and games really help them get away but that never really worked for me. And I guess there are times when AA games can kinda catch me out and put me in an "I don't know if I wanna do this" kinda mood, usually with a character or setting I'm not interested in off the bat. I always know I'll enjoy it, especially when it's a last case like it was with me coming back to the game this time, but I wasn't super surprised I put it down when I did.

A

NY

WAY

I fucking loved this last case and was freaking out basically the whole time. It could get contrived, sure, but I also can't remember the last time I cried during an AA case. I loved the characters and the fact that, apart from it basically being 2 episodes, it mostly revolved around the characters that we knew and know and it was building up basically from the beginning of the game. A lot of the games do this but this one felt a lot grander because it just kind of felt like a celebration of what Ace Attorney is and idk.

making guesses and figuring out things ahead of time and being blown away by them was fun, the case was fun, the ending was fun, I enjoyed it a hell of a lot.

So uh yeah. loop hero

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Well... I finally finished Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom. I was forced to play into post-game again though. Not only that... but for a lot longer than I had to play into Wrath of the White Witch Remastered post-game. 😒

But don't take that the wrong way. I didn't mind it as much in Ni No Kuni II. BECAUSE GOOD GOD. THIS GAME. WAS SO GOD DAMN GOOD. Story was great (especially in later chapters), gameplay was OUTSTANDING and chaotic fun at times and it was just an overall fun experience for me. In the end the removal of 'anime cutscenes' didn't matter at all because I didn't even notice because of how much fun I was having lol. 😆

I'd definitely say that this is, by far, the BEST game I've played this year thus far. Unfortunately... that's not really saying much. Because it's only March obviously. Well that and I still have stuff like Nier Automata, Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Part 1), and Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition in my backlog. So... yeah... it probably won't hold that for very long. RIP. 😢

I would most certainly be ALL OVER another game. Unfortunately... even if there is one... it'll never see the light of day in the U.S. due to Level 5's death. Although, IIRC, Bandai Namco were a part of both Ni No Kuni games so I suppose it's possible they could localize and release a potential Ni No Kuni III for them... but... I feel like that shouldn't be counted on that happening. So yeah... I loved this game to death. Believe it or not, I ended up with 4 (5 including the Platinum) trophies left to get. But the rest are just too grindy for my tastes and I just want to move on at this point. Sorry? 😅

Anyway... I hope I've had a long enough break from the Tales of franchise. Not that it really matters. Because yep... I'm back to it once again. This time... with Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition which I've already started playing if you haven't noticed already lol. Yikes. The game isn't messing around. I was thrown into the deep end IMMEDIATELY. The first boss was RIDICULOUS. I managed to win somehow though. Oh well I guess. I just hoping this isn't going to become an on-going pattern... 😬

Either way with Tales of being complicated in their own ways... I intend on NOT CARING AT ALL about trophies. Because trophies for these games are practically challenges in their own right. So I'll take whatever I get pretty much. Either way... wish me luck if you feel like it. I probably will need it. 😟

Sorry for the long post. 😅

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I'm just quoting you to let you know you got me wanting to touch Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links, I just wanted to do gacha and got a bunch of login bonuses so I was able to go off yesterday on it, and played about 3 hours worth. It's definitely that kind of game where I'd play it more if I actually had a lot of the staples to build good decks and everything. But for now since I'm super casual PvP intimidates me and I'm just satisfied going through the goals and opening packs. Since I can't build Dragon Maids I just looked up some popular decks and thought Lunalights looked really cool.

Besides that, I mentioned earlier I was playing Mega Man X, and I've finished the first 4 games. They're all pretty good, and while X2 is definitely the most frustrating, I think they all have some frustrating moments but are great games otherwise. I was super excited to play X4 since everyone talks about how good X4 is, but I either found it too easy playing as X (a lot of bosses can just be looped and you can fight them without taking damage, if you have Double Cyclone it turns Magma Dragoon into a complete joke. Hell, you get an upgrade that lets you use every weapon without spending any energy unless you charge) or too difficult playing as Zero (a lot of the later stages are meant to be played by X, there are a few boss fights specifically where getting close enough to attack them without taking damage requires you to be incredibly precise and the game feels unoptimized for him) and it definitely felt like I was playing two different games. If you were a X fan and told me you've either only played the first game or skipped X2, I'd say that's totally fair. Every final boss except for X4's (when playing as X) has been very frustrating for me. Great games overall though.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I'm just quoting you to let you know you got me wanting to touch Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links, I just wanted to do gacha and got a bunch of login bonuses so I was able to go off yesterday on it, and played about 3 hours worth. It's definitely that kind of game where I'd play it more if I actually had a lot of the staples to build good decks and everything. But for now since I'm super casual PvP intimidates me and I'm just satisfied going through the goals and opening packs. Since I can't build Dragon Maids I just looked up some popular decks and thought Lunalights looked really cool.

Ah yes the power of gacha, where PvP is a nightmare till you have decent stuff yourself. Even on lower ranks people can bring out massive beatsticks that are hard to get over with starting cards. Though Lunalights are pretty relevant (and annoying >.>).

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Been playing through a few games lately. Replaying FFX and doing all the stuff I was too bad to do back in the day. Playing through Pokemon Y Casually, a nuzlocke of soulsilver, and of course, Clone Hero

Bay

Years
  • I've been playing Bravely Default II the past few weeks and I've been enjoying it so far! I'm quite overleveled due to how the scaling for job levels is much better than past games and grinding is a bit easier after taking time to level up Freelancer to master for its Body Slam and passive abilities. LOL I'm amused this time they made the Thief job's Godspeed Strike OP.

I'm close to the end of Chapter 3, maybe will finish it later tonight or tomorrow.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. So far, I'm at Amala Temple, but I'm doing the Third Kalpa to get Dante over with. I'm not doing True Demon Ending. I've also only been SMT'd about twice so far (once during an encounter at Kabukicho Prison and once during my 5+ deaths to Red Rider.)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition Monday night.

Unfortunately... overall... my opinion on this game is unchanged. I vastly overestimated how much I would like this game. I really did. It's very unfortunate too. I wanted to like this game. I really did. I'm not even saying that I didn't like it or hated it. Because I didn't. It just had... too many problems for me. 😕

The story took way too long to get good. I mean eventually it did get good and it stayed good and was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING honestly. But... it took too long to do so IMO. If you want to have a good story... that's fine. But, IMO at least, it took too long to get there. Have the story slowly but progressively get better. Not just be flatlined and then all of a sudden do a massive spike. That's what Vesperia did IMO. It didn't reach that point until I hit the 20 hour mark. That's too long IMO. 😒

I absolutely hated the battle system. It was just crap and I couldn't deal with it at all. I was FORCED to switch to Easy and grind which I've never had to do in any of my prior Tales of games. I also ended up resorting to the free add-on level up items. I saved them until endgame, and broke the game once I used them, but it's just the fact that I struggled more than I really should have. Is it just me? Sure it could be. But it's just what my experience was. It's quite funny considering people complain about Zestiria's battle system. I'll take that over Vesperia's system any day. 🙄

So unfortunately, for me at least IMO, the negatives were just too much for the AMAZING story to overcome. I was overall extremely disappointed and underwhelmed with Vesperia. But the story and characters were great. That's about all I can say positively about it unfortunately. The crap (IMO) battle system and constant struggles were just too much for the great story to overcome. Oh well I guess. 7/10 😞

Here's my updated Tales of tier list for those who care (from best to worst):

Berseria
    Zestiria
    Vesperia

Sorry all. Maybe I'll have better luck next time. Either way... I'll be starting Life is Strange 2 tonight. This one has mixed reception but I always judge games for myself. It'll be an interesting ride either way I suppose. 😅

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I finished Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition Monday night.

Unfortunately... overall... my opinion on this game is unchanged. I vastly overestimated how much I would like this game. I really did. It's very unfortunate too. I wanted to like this game. I really did. I'm not even saying that I didn't like it or hated it. Because I didn't. It just had... too many problems for me. 😕

The story took way too long to get good. I mean eventually it did get good and it stayed good and was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING honestly. But... it took too long to do so IMO. If you want to have a good story... that's fine. But, IMO at least, it took too long to get there. Have the story slowly but progressively get better. Not just be flatlined and then all of a sudden do a massive spike. That's what Vesperia did IMO. It didn't reach that point until I hit the 20 hour mark. That's too long IMO. 😒

I absolutely hated the battle system. It was just crap and I couldn't deal with it at all. I was FORCED to switch to Easy and grind which I've never had to do in any of my prior Tales of games. I also ended up resorting to the free add-on level up items. I saved them until endgame, and broke the game once I used them, but it's just the fact that I struggled more than I really should have. Is it just me? Sure it could be. But it's just what my experience was. It's quite funny considering people complain about Zestiria's battle system. I'll take that over Vesperia's system any day. 🙄

So unfortunately, for me at least IMO, the negatives were just too much for the AMAZING story to overcome. I was overall extremely disappointed and underwhelmed with Vesperia. But the story and characters were great. That's about all I can say positively about it unfortunately. The crap (IMO) battle system and constant struggles were just too much for the great story to overcome. Oh well I guess. 7/10 😞

Here's my updated Tales of tier list for those who care (from best to worst):

Berseria
    Zestiria
    Vesperia
    What about Vesperia's battle system didn't you like exactly?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • What about Vesperia's battle system didn't you like exactly?

All of it pretty much. To convoluted and ridiculous. The Over Limit system and tying Mystic Artes to it is utter crap. Attacks don't hit when they should. Constantly getting hit and artes getting interrupted constantly. Enemies ganging up on the character I was controlling 80% of the time forcing me to just stand there and do nothing but guard. Impossible to take advantage of stunned or downed enemies because no attacks hit them when they are down. That's ridiculous BS. It was just so god damn awful.

Back