• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Years
  • Still on my journey to play through all the Resident Evil games again, currently on Resident Evil 4. Other than that, I play Genshin Impact sometimes so I can catch up to the other weebs in the PC Discord <3

pkmin3033

Juggling games like a lunatic at the moment:

- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Replay time! It's been...4 years? 4 years. Maybe. Either way I cannot remember a thing and I am somewhat enjoying myself yet at the same time I'm kinda over the gunplay broken up by simple puzzles.
    - Metroid: Samus Returns. I fucking hate this game, it's a badly designed piece of garbage typical of Mercurysteam, who should not have been allowed anywhere near Metroid after what they did to Castlevania. Did nobody play the Lords of Shadow games?! I mean, all star voice cast aside (who can say no to Sir Patrick Stewart narrating?) those were absolutely awful games, and Samus Returns is a repetitive, braindead slog through miserably linear levels for a Metroid game. I'd almost rather play Other M. Almost. But I've just beaten that stupid robot boss (which takes fucking forever to kill, by the way) so I'm close to the end. Then I can move on to the fun games again. Like AM2R. Super Metroid. Fusion. Anything not this.
    - Dead Cells. I blitzed through this without really exploring it a couple of years ago, and this was before any updates. Coming back to it, it feels like a mostly different game...mostly. I don't remember the Concierge being this much of a pain in the arse. I've never really been sure how I feel about these "if at first you don't succeed, die, die again" type games, but this one is good for a quick loop when I have a spare minute. Plus Ender Lillies drops tomorrow and Legend of Mana on the 24th so I'll be playing those, so I don't want to launch into something time consuming.
    - Tell Me Why. This is...a very aptly named game. I'm still not sure how I feel about this. I'll make my mind up by the end of it. But there are some serious double standards (you forgive the woman who wanted to put you in a conversion camp, but you don't forgive the guy who called you a slur out of ignorance and later apologised?) and some very messy writing moments in this that I'm not sure I can really overlook. Time will tell. In the meantime...tell me why.
    - The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II. OK, I've probably dropped this. It's boring. Like the first game was boring. I'll come back to it! Next year, probably. God help me.
    - Genshin Impact. Maybe? I have Qiqi, who I pulled with my first wish, which is supposedly good. I don't have Fischl, who I actually want. Such is gacha. I'm not super invested in this at the moment.

Er...I think that's it. For now.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Currently replaying Control (which I massively recommend it's a great game); also making my way through Resident Evil 4 too.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • my friend bought me Don't Starve Together so I've been playing that a lot with them :D it's definitely one of my favorites now!!

pkmin3033

Hi hello I'm playing too much again help.

- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Oof, this game is showing its age. There is a heavier emphasis on platforming in this one than gunplay, and whilst I welcome not being interrupted every five seconds by enemies, I do not welcome falling to my death repeatedly because the controls are bad and Nate constantly misses the jump or doesn't grab the ledge. Urgh. Nearly done with it though.
    - Ender Lillies: Quietus of the Nights. I fucking hate this game, it's ridiculously unbalanced and it doesn't seem to have any real identity of its own. The soundtrack and visuals are lovely, but other than that it's basically another game trying to be the next Hollow Knight and failing at it spectacularly. I might actually drop it.
    - Nurse Love Syndrome. My unwind in the evening/wake up in the morning VN of choice right now. Since LRG still haven't dispatched my copy of The House in Fata Morgana...
    - Disgaea 6. The 3D graphics are really jarring and I miss the sprites. That's about all I have to say at the moment. I doubt this will top Disgaea 4, but I expect it to be at least better than Disgaea 5. That's a very low bar to set. The only lower bar than that is Disgaea D2, which we don't talk about. Let's see where this goes.

Years
  • I am in a bit of a video game limbo while I wait for Unite to come out... On my PC I have been playing Skyrim, sneak archer for life! 😅

On my DS, Pokemon Y... just when I am really bored.

On the Switch I rotate between Shield, breeding mons and shiny hunting, and playing career mode in 2k21, I have a 99 OVR slashing playmaker point guard build.

And when I am REALLY bored I play Bleach Brave Souls on my phone but nothing can keep my attention for very long right now.

Also, not sure if it counts as a video game but I play on Chess.com quite a bit on my phone and PC.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Nier Automata finally last night and obtained the Platinum trophy. Hm? What's that? Did I use the in-game trophy shop? lolnope. Completely legit. I didn't buy a single trophy. I honestly wasn't expecting to get, go for, or obtain this Platinum but am so happy I did. 😃

So... overall... the moral is... HOW IN THE HELL DID I KNOW NOT ABOUT THIS GAME SOONER?! SERIOUSLY?! HOW?!

I mean it's moot now I suppose. Technically. But this keeps happening to me lol. I always find out about AMAZING games/series way late. But better late than never? I guess?

ALL OF IT. JUST ALL OF IT. ALL OF IT WAS GOOD. WAY TOO GOOD. WAY TOO AMAZING. Story, Gameplay, SOUNDTRACK, just ALL OF IT. ABSOLUTELY ALL OF IT. I never found myself not enjoying myself when I played this game (except near the end when I had to do the annoying as hell farming for the last remaining trophies but even that didn't really ruin my overall experience)

So... yeah... new favorite to win my personal GOTY for this year. RIP Ni No Kuni II. I mean 2nd place is good too I guess (really probably 3rd place with Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1 close to beginning for me)

Up next for me... is the replacement for Hollow Knight due to dropping and getting rid of it due to it's way-to-high difficulty for me. It's still a Switch game though. Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition on Switch. Hopefully it'll give me a good enough 'break' before IT'LL FINALLY BE TIME FOR IT. Final. Fantasy. 7. Remake. Part. 1. (PS5 Upgrade too no less thanks to me finally having one) 😱

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Playing thorough the Switch version of Tales of Vesperia. Rita joined my party and I've gone through Shaikos Ruins. The combat feels decent now that I've unlocked over-limits, can't wait to unlock everyone's Mystic Artes 😁

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition on Switch Friday night. I mean... it was very pretty, cutesy, and admittedly fun. At times anyway. Other than that though... I can't really say much else about it. Except that it was overly and unnecessarily difficult most of the time. Ridiculously so during some instances.

I guess getting 'breaks' just isn't something I ever get anymore 🙄 (unless I'm playing a Life is Strange game)

So it's pretty god damn clear that it was good thing I got rid of/dropped Hollow Knight without even trying to play it. Because if I got annoyed with the Ori difficulty... I most certainly would have outright ragequit Hollow Knight.

I started playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1 PS5 Upgrade (Intergrade) last night. I've only completed chapter one so far but... GOD. DAMN. This is probably the best graphics I've seen in a video game... ever? Potentially? The best since FFXV I guess. Plus... IT WAS EXTREME FUN. 😁

I'm going to enjoy every moment of this. I just know I am. 😍

Wait a minute.....................

SOMEONE HELP. HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO DECIDE WHAT I LIKED MORE AT THE END OF THIS YEAR FOR MY PERSONAL GOTY?! Nier Automata or this?! 😨

Years
  • Just got Monster Hunter Stories 2 today! Played it for a couple hours and it seems pretty promising even though I don't fully understand all of the mechanics.

Back