• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Gave Breath of the Wild a chance and I'm enjoying it! I'm not a fan of breakable weapons but otherwise it's been fun just exploring the place. Why it took me until now to play it I'll never know - I've already freed Ruta and Medoh, not sure which Divine Beast I should free next. Regardless I'm currently shrine hunting to build up my hearts for the Master Sword.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I know it doesn't seem like it (trophy card anyway) but I finally finished Trails of Cold Steel 4 and the Trails of Cold Steel franchise in general this past Wednesday. Obviously there are still other games in the franchise I need to play. There are a lot of things I could say... but I won't. I guess... I just wish I didn't struggle with it as massively as I did. I'm legitimately unsure of how I struggle so much with these games but are completely fine with literally any other JRPG for the most part. Or at least the ones that I play.

The games are... fine I guess. They really are 'Persona Jr.' as my Discord friend put it that got me into this in the first place. But they aren't as easy as those IMO (much harder). I have some issues with story stuff but Tales of and Final Fantasy and I guess even Persona too in a way have spoiled me when it comes to people who I feel need to be 'put in the ground' actually have that happen to them as opposed to this series and franchise. Overall... the games... and franchise... are fine for what they are I suppose. I just would have enjoyed them more if I didn't struggle as much as I did. I need a break from this franchise for quite awhile though and I'll be getting it because I won't be playing another one until I get to the first Crossbell game that just came out this year and was finally localized. Just... don't expect me to play these on anything else other than Easy difficulties from now on because clearly I struggle too much for unknown reasons. My end of the year list is unchanged.

I've already started my next game/first game of 2023. Tales of Xillia for PS3. I'm playing BOTH games back-to-back. Will I regret it? Who knows. Time will tell obviously. So far though... it's actually really fun and I'm super intrigued.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I got the Platinum trophy on Stray for PS5, besides that I played a lil of Fortnite when the MHA collab dropped, and that's about it

Years
  • I have a few games and/or expansions that I do need to finish, including rom hacks.

Persona 3: The Answer; Pokemon Blazed Glazed; Final Fantasy 6: Return of the Dark Sorcerer; Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei; Persona 2: Innocent Sin; Final Fantasy 1 (PSP version); Mega Man Battle Network 2; and a fan game called Shanghai.exe.

And yet, I'll mostly be playing Minecraft or fighting games.

Years
  • Started playing Sekiro. I love the battle system and bossfights, but the parkour and stealth sections are very clunky at times and not really that fun.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I got the Plat on Ghost of Tsushima, finished the Iki Island DLC stuff too, haven't played much of the legends mode but have some plans to play some online with some friends who still occasionally play.
    Absolute work of art game I'd recommend to anyone. Definitely going to eventually hit the New Game + and try Kurosawa mode with Japanese voices.

Much less of a headline but I've also dabbled in some One Punch Man : A Hero Nobody Knows (anime arena fighter which got a terrible reception lol), and I agree with a lot of criticisms I see about the game, and it certainly wasn't worth the "full price" price tag. But I picked it up super discounted for £5 and been having a decent time with it every now & again. I'd only really recommend it to people who love OPM and if you can get that hefty discount, it will probably be free on PS Plus or something eventually. There's no S2 content or beyond unfortunately, and unlikely we will get more content or a new game following this ones performance too.

Years
  • I'm back on my Genshin grind at the moment since there's a bunch of new (and older but untouched whoops) story and character stuff happening again, new parts of Sumeru to explore just released and the TCG which is surprisingly good and a little addictive. I've also been talked into doing more FFXIV again tonight... we'll see how that goes.

Need to play The Last Day of June for my challenge soon also.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I'm back on my Genshin grind at the moment since there's a bunch of new (and older but untouched whoops) story and character stuff happening again, new parts of Sumeru to explore just released and the TCG which is surprisingly good and a little addictive.

TCG? How does that work? Like in game or a physical Genshin tcg?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    In the hospital I only have my Switch, so it's only been a handful of games. The ones I've spent the most time on are Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Fast RMX, Chaos;Head Noah, Trails From Zero, and Voez.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • It's in game, although does have PvP I think. Hard to explain how it works briefly, but it is very simple and the rewards for doing the challenges and stuff are decent too.

ah nice! I actually jumped on for the first time in months the other day, will have to check it out when I'm next on!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Currently playing Mafia Definitive Edition. I have a pretty big list of backlogged games, mostly on PC.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age might come next (unless I change my mind and go with something shorter first) I'm a bit scared since it's apparently a quite long game.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Been playing Control over the past week. Confusing to navigate at first (the map doesn't help) but I've gotten the hang of the Oldest House's interior. Currently putting off the main story for side missions and exploration (gotta get those Ability Points), been farming materials for the Service Weapon's upgrades as well.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Been playing more Arcaea (mobile rhythm game) recently. They just added 5 new songs that are free for a limited time, so I have to jump on unlocking them. I have 2 accounts: one on my tablet and one on my phone. I unlocked 3 of 5 on tablet and 1 of 5 on phone. (I'm F2P on my phone account and I'm just not as good on phone than I am on tablet, so progress is much slower) The event still has another few weeks so I should be good to get them all in time.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I finally have a gaming laptop/PC/steam so I've been on that a bit, I'm almost overwhelmed for choice now, and there's a lot I missed I wanna go back and try out. If anyone from here wants to add me on Steam hmu and I'd love to add some people from here, and don't have many steam friends yet! :3 I played some Dreaming Mary, Sleepy Sheep, Halo Masterchief Collection & a few other random PC games I have in my library now. I actually had a bit of library outside of steam too thanks to itch.io and buying some of their charity bundles. There were at least some gems to download & check out from those bundles. I even wanna try and get into some super old PC games I miss like Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth and Dragon Ball Online on a private server. Looks like they'll be a bit of extra work to get set up tho, I've also spent a while setting up some of my favourite emulators.

I still play my PS5 pretty regularly too, mostly on Ghost of Tsushima Legends Mode & back on Genshin Impact recently checking out their new content like the TCG game and the new region Sumeru.

My Switch which had been my primary console for a long time has actually taken a bit of back seat atm, perhaps because I'm really into what I'm playing on PS5 atm, and the laptop is still the shiny new toy. However Fortnite just announced their second Dragon Ball collab event and I play that on my switch! Will defo check that out when it drops which is soon I think!

Back