• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Years
  • I know one game I WON'T be playing for a while and that's Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days! Man I love the series to death but having to cram in content and actually decide how I spend my time really made this an interesting run! I definitely want to continue playing the save, but I really need a rest from that game now haha.

Otherwise, I've just picked up Borderlands 2 AGAIN, as I have now discovered a randomiser that makes the game somehow more chaotic than it already is... which is fun but the game is incredibly difficult now!

The other squeeze, now my gaming challenge has been done for January, is going back to Fire Emblem Engage. I got massive burnout and have not been feeling so great, but hopefully with a bit more time I can now ease back into this again...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've finally been playing Final Fantasy IX lately! I picked it up months ago and got a few hours in before I dropped it again, but I ported my save over to my Steam Deck before going on vacation and I've been playing it a lot in the evenings and on our chill days and I'm already on disc 3 so I think I'll finally beat it this time around. I'm enjoying it so much; it might be one of my fave Final Fantasies to date.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    mostly playing Hades in prep for the new game , inbetween work on my hack.

feels hard to find good new games now adays so that's been pretty much all I've been playing.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    My main game of choice at the moment is Forspoken on PS5 which, despite the mostly negative reception, I am actually enjoying quite a bit! Parkour is pretty satisfying, there's quite a lot of lore scattered around the world to supplement the story (which I will admit is kinda boring) and the interaction between Frey and Cuff is entertaining enough that it makes up for the same quips being repeated constantly after every battle. It's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, at least in my opinion.

I'm also playing Harvestella on my Switch, which is a bit of a drag. I don't have a lot of experience with farm sims, and the combat is underwhelming so there isn't really much here to hold my attention. Although the soundtrack is amazing and I'm always looking forward to new areas to hear more of it!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Been playing the GBC version of Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets in preparation for Hogwarts Legacy.

banger of a game. I played the first one sorcerers stone to death as it was one of a small selection of games I started with when I first got my GBC! I didn't get as deep into the second one but I remember it being pretty similar!

Years
  • I slowly returned to Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel over these last few days. I was switching between my decks I've used last year - Pendulum Magicians, Speedroids and Ciphers, and today I decided to look at some new archetypes and Runicks caught my attention. The moment I build them, I started running into 60-card mill decks. Truly baptism of fire.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Perhaps unfortunately I've been back on Genshin and Yugioh Duel Links, unfortunately because they're both massive time sinks and I don't get much time to play much else.

I played a bit of the second Fortnite Dragon Ball collab, generally underwhelming after the first one was so good, I really wish they'd done more with it. They wouldn't of had to do much more to keep people happy either. Defo seemed on the more egregious lazy/cashgrab side this time.

I also checked out the GB games on Nintendo Online, played some classics like Tetris & Mario, nice lil bonus i guess as I already had NSO, looking forward to them adding more. I don't have the expansion pass yet but if the GBA library on it gets pretty stacked I might consider upgrading to that too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am playing a handful of games right now. I don't tend to stick to one game and change over time.

Hogwarts Legacy - Been waiting for the game to come up since it got leaked way back in 2018 and have followed the game for years. Not playing it as much as I thought I would since there is so much running around.

Splatoon 3 - While I haven't played too much in the last couple of months, I started playing again recently due to getting every Amiibo and wanting to unlock all the gear from them. Not to mention DLC coming up.

Pokemon Violet - While I am not actively playing it like I was, I will probably pick it up again come Pokemon Day so that I can try to get Shiny Pokemon that I've wanted to make my team with.

WoW - I've been playing WoW but started taking breaks given I've finished everything in the new expansion currently, so not waiting for a new patch. Similar to FF14.

Hogwarts Mystery - The only mobile game I am playing currently. I don't spend any money on it like a lot of people do, but I am trying to catch up on the story after being behind by nearly 30 chapters and have struggled to catch up. But with the possibility of a Year 8 coming up, I have wanted to play more. I love the characters in it. If not for the characters, I probably wouldn't be playing.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Tales of Xillia has finally been completed. I'm... kind of annoyed honestly. Not at the game mind you... it's just the fact that after being unable to play it for over 10 days... when I managed to finally have time to play it again... I was literally at the end of it. So... yeah... forgive me for being annoyed lol. 😒

This is probably the best Tales of I've played from the PS3 era. Honestly... it's not even close either. Graces is good and all... don't get me wrong. But Xillia just had everything. There were moments when it felt like the story was plateauing... but when that happened... something would happen that would make me interested in it again. In other words... it was like an up and down roller coaster ride. But I don't mind that kind of story. It keeps you invested and interested. The gameplay was great too honestly. Just as good as Graces. It even had more stuff in it that I liked that Graces didn't have. So yeah... overall great experience. Nothing else for me to say really. I can't praise it more. Just more fuel for me to wish for a time machine so I can go back and beat myself up for not playing all of these games sooner lol. Jude is probably my second favorite Tales of MC and Tales of character in general. Whose my favorite? You should already know the answer to that from my personal GOTY list last year... 😛

It was just great honestly. Teepo is probably the best Tales of mascot since Mieu. Can't wait to see more of him... 😉

Here's my updated Tales of list if that's a thing you care about

Abyss
    Berseria
    Xillia
    Graces f
    Symphonia
    Zestiria
    Symphonia 2
    Vesperia

I'm playing two 'buffer' games right now before my next one. Two demos from the Nintendo Direct that were announced and released. Kirby's Return to DreamLand Deluxe, which I've already completed, and Octopath II which I might be close to reaching the hour limit on. It's hard to really know for sure.

What's my next game you ask? Shouldn't it be obvious? It's a repeat of the Symphonia situation!! Sequel time!! Tales of Xillia 2. I hope this isn't a repeat though where everyone hated the sequel. Though I personally loved Symphonia 2 but clearly that's literally only me. I guess we'll find out soon enough... 😅

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I play fire emblem engage, really nice universe, with colorful characters that we get attached to. Well-constructed maps, an interesting choice of difficulties.

I haven't heard much about it but Three house was my first FE game and I loved it. Excited to play engage, planning on it this week!

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'm playing through several games on the Switch right now whenever I have some free time, including a number of games I have bought recently.

I've started getting into the Fire Emblem series and have been playing through Three Houses, currently have over 11 hours in the game. Definitely made me interested in playing other Fire Emblem games in the future, wish I'd gotten into the series earlier.

Another game I've taken a liking to is Coromon, which is a 2D Sprite-based Monster Taming game that takes a fair bit of inspiration from Pokémon. Has a customisable sprite character as well as difficulty options, with the hardest one essentially being a Nuzlocke. Definitely a game I would recommend to fans of sprite-based Pokémon games.

Need to start clearing my rather long backlog before I think about buying any more games now, though.

Back