• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What are you doing in preperation for Black and White?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
    Being nerdy all-round. You know, listening to ALL CAPS amd playing Pokemon, writing about Bionicle, the usual.

EPIC Shedinja Hollow

Fallen Angel
    Years
    While I'm waiting, I'm going to enjoy the game's sound track, spoil myself about some of the details, like that new abilities and TMs there will be. I like how most of the Pokemon games now come out around my birthday...... :3

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well, I got my copy in japanese last week and i've just beaten the 7th gym, but now i'm going to stop playing because I don't want to ruin the WHOLE storyline, I know there's a big scenario at the end of the game (after the E4) which I want to find out in English, besides, i'll probally forget most of the storyline and gym leaders Pokémon ect. by March (or whenever it's released in UK/US).
    I'm going to wait untill it comes out in English and purchase Pokémon Black, I've got the money for it already. I've got the Japanese Pokémon White version, even though i'm going to have to wait months untill that (like everyone else) i'll just carry on playing old games. I'm currently playing through Heart Gold right now, might move on to Platinum after it (However i've just defeated Whitney so i've got a long way to go :P). Can't wait to get Pokemon B/W in English! :).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    As of now I've been researching information about the games, hearing the soundtracks and catching sources for things such as N and his scheme, Cynthia's role, Zekrom and Reshiram roles, etc. This way as the English release comes nearer, I'll be able to catch on some things happening throughout the game while still leaving a few details and facts as a surprise. It's good for me to hear the basic information within the games so I'll be able to catch on facts on what other people are talking about. I wouldn't want to be left clueless and be like "Um, what seriously? o_o".

So far I'm really anxious and it's incredible how time is moving by rapidly. By the click of a pen it'll already be 2011 and we'll be awaiting a countdown, grinning with anxiety of the wait.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just... waiting. ;________;

Though I am looking at all the threads here - not just because I have to, and finding out about what other people experience etc. Oh and dream about actually getting the games and what they'll be like. Aaand replaying the Best Wishes theme song. Just yeah, trying to get as involved in Generation 5 as I can.

Time defs is speeding by though, which is awesome. :D

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I'm just relaxing until the big day ^.^ Since I don't understand Japanese, I'm not wasting my money.

I'm getting both, and like, a month before they usually come out it's Vietnames New Year, and I get tons of money, so if I'm not ready now, I'll be when it comes out. ^_^

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    I am building a shrine to the non-existent Pokémon Gods and serving up some dead electrocuted rodents as offerings to the Pokémon Gods.

And I'm also saving up money to get it. :3 I can't wait!!!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Gonna save money, watch videos of B/W (just Wi-Fi and important battles that I already know about), if I can get a new DS soon I'll Replay Fire Red, SS, Emerald and Platinum and just live my life normally listenin' to Hip-Hop & Pop music and chillin' with my friends.

Unfortunatly time is going by SLOWLY for me D= .
    Anyone know when BW come in Canada? (and US lol)

Aquamentis

Touhoumon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Well, I've found out that you can't transfer items up there so I'm EV-training my pokemon I still have left and giving them PKRS when possible. Since I have the free time to do so.

I've also gotten my sandstorm team finished in preparation for the new pokemon released and am waiting to teach a bunch more EQ to perfect them.

I've taken a look at the dreamworld abilities for the starters for 5th gen, love that Smugleaf's getting perversity and leafstorm. And for the most part, I've reviewed most abilities like Sturdy getting buffed and Stench being useful for my Muk now.

Years
    Since I have to wait until March, I'm busty playing through SS, as I have some Breeding, Battle Frontier, and RNG tasks to do in the meantime. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Gonna save money, watch videos of B/W (just Wi-Fi and important battles that I already know about), if I can get a new DS soon I'll Replay Fire Red, SS, Emerald and Platinum and just live my life normally listenin' to Hip-Hop & Pop music and chillin' with my friends.

Unfortunatly time is going by SLOWLY for me D= .
    Anyone know when BW come in Canada? (and US lol)
    Sadly no we have yet to know when they will, though it's most likely March or April...

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    In preparation of Pokemon Black and White...

I am:

*Working hard to earn money (to make up for all the money that's gonna be blown on all the new Pokemon games/cosplay/merchandise

*Finishing the Diamond Pearl anime series and at the same time watching Best Wishes series.

*My Pokemon White trainer cosplay (finished it yesterday)

Here's the latest picture I took of the cosplay (I have since finished the boots and the hat...but I do not have an updated photo yet)

What are you doing in preperation for Black and White?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Now that Marriland's BW Pokedex has moves on it. I will use that so when a pokemon learns a move, I can see what it is. At least until an English Patch comes out.

Years
    well I need to finish hg, which might take a while because I just saved at exactly 200 hours and only just beat claire. of course I'm narrowing down to my best pokemon and getting rid of the bad ones so it might start going faster because I'll have less to train...

well, then I want to play explorers of time again because it was an awesome game when I played it but I never got to finish because my ds broke and then I ended up letting a friend borrow it and didn't get it back for a freakin' year

and I want to do these two things before black/white comes out in america :)

oh yeah and if I have time I also want to play platinum via rom because diamond was such a fail but everyone says platinum is better... that should be quick though, as I want to get six pokes and just play through the game no strings attached so I can see for myself

BUT AS SOON AS BLACK COMES OUT I'M GETTING IT!!

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    I'm gathering as many previous gen pokemon as I can. I'm doing quite well. I'm also going to buy the new ranger game (Mainly for the Deoxys mission) and play that.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I learned RNG for HGSS and i'm breeding all the pokes that have sick looking sprites in B/W

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Nothing I can do really, apart from wait and eventually get frustrated that it wont be out in the UK for a good while.

I've already planned my team, so right now I'm researching the Pokemon themselves and trying to get as much info as I can on their abilities, movesets, stats etc.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since I'm sure Beyonce's album will be out around the same time as the US release I have been really going in on my Beyonce music. I'm also strategizing on my BW teams... I think these games will get me back into battling since I havent battled in over a year...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back