• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what are you doing lady gaga what are you DOING

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    It's fair to say that Lady Gaga is the most controversial singer in the music business today, but what do you think about her? Do you think she's just seeking attention or do you believe she's truly trying to further the causes she's involved in? Or both?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I only like some of her music; but I do like her personality.
    Do you think she's just seeking attention or do you believe she's truly trying to further the causes she's involved in? Or both?
    I'd have to say it's a bit of both. Everyone likes attention, I don't see why it's bad to want to get it unless you're doing negative things, and she isn't.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • what are you doing lady gaga what are you DOING

This pretty much sums up all I have to say.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • I cannot stand lady Gaga, don't get me wrong the girl is talented, but it seems that she is famous for all the wrong reasons.
    To be quite honest the unique personality that everyone has fallen in love with seems like a front to me; just to get publicity.
    When Just dance and other early songs were released she seemed like a normal sort of average pop singer. And now shes just trying to get in all the newspapers doing stupid things like wearing a meat dress.
    Yeah this is my maybe cynical and negative view, I just hate people that pretend to be something they're not.

~Kian

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used to be quite obsessed with her, but that's since subsided dramatically and is continue to decrease as each passing day goes by. I think she's very talented, and anyone who disagrees obviously has some things that they'll have to deal with at their otolaryngologist. I like her message more than her music and find her to be a very compelling, interesting person in her interviews (which I enjoy more than her music, by far). I think, as a pop star, it's a very important part of their job to remain relevant and seek the attention of the public eye. Otherwise they'll fade away rather quickly, so I never understood the attention seeker argument. But I do believe that she's pure in her cause for social justice. Her music clearly expresses that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2012
    I think she's just crazy.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd wear an egg costume in public too.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's fair to say that Lady Gaga is the most controversial singer in the music business today,

it's really not fair at all because she's nowhere near controversial

that said if she's smart she's doing it to keep her name on everyone's minds. if she isn't then she's just crazy

Pym

atomic!
    Years
  • gaga was a fantastic person when she started out, now it seems like she is pretty much doing anything to stay in her spotlight. her music is good, but the way she is advertising herself is just really stupid. i guess she was ~ born that way~ (forgive the godawful pun).

born this way sucked, there was only like two decent songs on there.

- // Pym

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I think she's smart and talented. A brilliant marketer and self-promoter, who can also write and sing.

Sometimes the show, her "art", overwhelms the talent.

Years
  • I honestly don't really think much about Lady Gaga at all. I don't listen to the radio often (and when I do it's usually student radio or alternative/community radio) so I have no clue what any of her songs sound like aside from hearing the song titles (eg. Judas came on at work yesterday and I didn't know it was her until I heard the word Judas).

I know some things about her, as you'd have had to have been living under a rock not to. I've never really respected her because of her lyrics, from an interview I saw on Letterman she seemed pretty arrogant. The dress-ups are stupid. I respect that she used to cover Led Zeppelin and that she performed for ages before making it big (ie. she wasn't the product of a record label).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think she's talented. She shows her art in a very different way, but I'm all for self-expression. I think the message she sends is positive, despite what other people think, especially the message about the LGBT community. And even her messages without songs that she sends. She's a powerful person. I think that these days, she's not the only one that dresses crazy for any type of attention though. Did you see Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry at the VMA's? But anyway, ever since I saw her perform Poker Face on American Idol with a zipper over her eye, I have been a big Gaga fan. That one performance hooked me from then on.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    While I've never been a ~massive fan~ or anything, I do enjoy Lady Gaga's music and think she's a very talented lady. Her piano playing is incredible, and actually inspires me to keep working at the piano.

I like to think I'm in a love/hate relationship with her public image. While I do admire her for her standpoints when it comes to social justice (especially when it comes to LGBT rights), sometimes I feel like she does do too many things to get attention (that whole cocoon thing at the Grammy's freaked me out tbh). In any case, it's working; I don't think there are too many people out there who don't know who she is by now.

In any case, Lady Gaga's a brilliant person, excellent businesswoman, and talented singer. The Fame Monster's my favourite album of hers by far.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    [SIZE="a"]Personally, I don't mind gaga although I couldn't care less about her strange fashion sence. I also hate how the majority of he music videos are about 10 minutes long and only consist of music for about a third of the video and are just bizarre for the sake of it.

I love her music though. <3[/SIZE]

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Lady Gaga scares me. ._. I think her music's okay, I haven't listened to a lot of it.

Back