• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What are you doing to prepare?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • In-game or in real life, what are you doing to prepare for the release of Black 2 and White 2?

I just pre-ordered both Black 2 and White 2, got the quickest shipping available. I also just bought a green DSi LL (LL is the Japanese XL) so I can play it. Total cost? $400.

Having a job and living in your mom's basement has its perks.

I am also transferring all my Pokemon to my White version for easy transfer. Plan to use my Shiny Exeggcute in my first playthrough. I am going to try to avoid major spoilers too.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I said in another thread that the characters (mainly the rival, who I clearly prefer to the protagonists based on my theme) completely rejuvenate my desire to play Pokémon. I've picked up my DS and finally get around through playing play through #6 or whatever it was of my White version. I've decided I'm going to catch them all in this play though (first time doing that since the original generation), because I think that's a good way to hold me off until they're nearing release in America.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Trading with Nick I realized I only caught about 20 Pokémon in B/W overall. This is pretty sad, so I was thinking to prepare myself for these games - and do something instead of getting impatient for them to be released, I'd complete the full Unova dex.

Years
  • I think I'll restart my white. I havent played it in forever.

And save up my money for the games. I think I might buy both versions this time. I never buy both.

TaurusFire

Collector
    Years
  • I'm building my team. not planning on using a single pokemon i catch in bw2, going to use my starter, and five eggs to do my battles. everyone else is just filling up the dex.

Years
  • Trying to beat White before then. But considering I was a good 45 hours into Black before I got rid of it, and only up to the sixth Gym and in the process of grinding, that likely wont happen :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I have a 3DS and all my teamsters are in White already, so there's nothing meta to do.
    I might prepare a level 5 monster to use as a starter... maybe a Nidoran♂ in honour of my Poison monotype run in Blue, which I should be done with by then.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Planning to pre-order at GameStop sometime this summer. GameStop generally has it the day it comes out, and I hate waiting on it to get to you during shipping.

I don't have anything else to prepare with other than get Pokemon Conquest in between, which would help occupy me until the US release.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not doing anything other than speculating. :3 Don't really need to play White to be ready for Unova again, I just wait the release to come already. ;__; Posting here definitely excites me though!!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I have my pre-order all set, and I too also got the quickest shipping available. So, I'm stoked. Also, I'll probably try to complete the Unova Dex as well. As I do have both versions.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I'll just keep coming back here getting overhyped about thier arrival while speculating like nearly everyone else here.

Want to pre-order, but don't trust myself with money at that point. In White I'm training some Pokemon (which I was already in the process of doing). Not only that, I will try to get off my ass and actually complete the National Pokedex; haven't done so since Emerald.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Agreed, staying up to date on all of the news definitely helps me get prepared to know what I'm about to expect. 8)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I plan to get a job by this summer or at least before the fall in order to pre-order it with my own money. And if I can't the money in time to pre-order then at least by the English release date. Now knowing that the Unova dex has over 300 Pokemon both new and older ones, I've been sort of planning out my team. Knowing that Mareep and Eevee are gonna be in it, I know it will probably have an Umbreon and an Ampharos.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Staying up to date and really just waiting. Plus setting aside a separate budget for them always makes it a bit easier.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'm going to buy Pokemon Conquest and save up for a 3DS and the game also I'm probably going to do some studying for my external exams. I might also buy a new copy of FFXII since my current one is no longer working and then try to get the Tournesol.

After all that is done the game should be out and I'll go pick it up on release day and take my DSi with me so I can start the game on the bus.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    The only way I'm preparing is just keeping up to date with the news! I love this time before a games release with all the news coming. Its so exciting! I have to admit, I think Im actually quite happy they didn't reveal any info until just this past week as it seems we'll be getting LOTS and LOTS of news in the next 2 months which should be very exciting considering its all going to come so fast!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Follow the coverage going on and staying up to date with the most recent happenings is my way of preparing. Then when all the info is out there on the table, processing the info and thinking which is the best team that would fit me and at one point can I obtain these said pokemon.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Well coming here for starters, going to purchase games from other gens to take some of the time away, getting my ultimate team together, collecting ribbons for some of my pokemon, and probably take on the battle subway!

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Well I might start breeding some Pokemon up. I'm pre ordering White 2 tomorrow but if I get enough Money saved up I might buy me a new DSLite(Mines hinge holding the top screen broke), even though I own a DSPhat, I just don't like how dark it is compared to the other models.

But I might playthrough one game from each gen to pass the time.

Back