• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you doing with your life?

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
  • Seriously, I was in one of my moods where I get dejected about the futility of every day mundane tasks and it got me to wondering what I'm doing with my life.

So, do you have a life IRL? Or are you just some sad person who hides behind a computer screen in your bedroom? As for me, I study, work, pray and socialize. I don't feel like I waste my life...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Depends on what you call life. Social life? Next to none for reasons nobody understands. I would gladly spend my life expanding my mind with juggling, figuring out the answers for lateral puzzles and trying out new stuff.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hmm. Good question. I feel like my only purpose right now is being in high school. I think college is a scam, an expensive one at that, and is just a waste of 4 years, unless you're someone who's got a goal in mind. I'm just going because it's "right." I think we live to work and work to live. Both aren't good. I'm perfectly fine behind a computer screen.

I don't want to sound cheesy, but I think the only thing in life that I really need is someone to love. Just having a partner that can make you smile when you don't want to is well worth a life journey together. Everything else...doesn't live up. Numbers don't impress me, masterpieces don't impress me, but I'm amazed by people that get married once and forever.

Spoiler:

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • My purpose in life at the moment is getting through school. and trying as many new things as I possibly can. [Including joining the school dancing troop with a bunch of fourteen year olds XD]
    I have a definite ambition to travel aswell and see the world and have a career before I even think about marrying and things like that. I would like that someday too though (:

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    I'm wrapping up my senior year of high school, so right now my life consists of keeping grades up, trying to finally get my darn license, and maybe looking for a job. I hang out with friends fairly often but I am definitely more of a stay-at-home person and I would be perfectly content to spend my weekend in front of a computer. I'm in band so that takes a lotttt of time, but not so much anymore.

I'm going to go to college and major in English with an emphasis in writing, hopefully work in the publishing industry as an editor, and I want to become a published author someday :] so I know exactly what I want out of my life xD

Ayselipera

As of now my life is pretty much revolving around school. Nothing else has really been happening. Although spring and summer will soon be upon me. Once I get into the warmer seasons I'll be heading out a lot more. I plan to spend my summer down on the beach as much as I can.

Besides all of that, I really need to get a job. I've been putting it off for as long as possible and I think I might need one soon. We'll see though. :3

Also I've been thinking about which colleges I might want to go to. Even though I have no desire to go to college, but whatever. I'm thinking if I have to go I might as well go far. I've had California on my mind for a while, but I'm still not sure. I really don't even know what I want to be for certain. I'd love to just marry rich and mooch off them for the rest of my life, but I figure I shouldn't put all my hopes on that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2010
    Working towards getting a degree in computers and graphic design so I can fund my life of meditation, apathy and narcissistic awesomeness.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Seriously, I was in one of my moods where I get dejected about the futility of every day mundane tasks and it got me to wondering what I'm doing with my life.

So, do you have a life IRL? Or are you just some sad person who hides behind a computer screen in your bedroom? As for me, I study, work, pray and socialize. I don't feel like I waste my life...
    I work with computers for a living; I hardly think that makes me a "sad person."

There's no pre-ordained meaning to our lives, so judging someone like that is pointless. Someone who sits in their room playing video games all the time is no less "sad" than someone who has conversations with their peers all the time. We assign our own meaning to life; the only people "wasting" theirs are the ones not working toward their self-ordained purpose.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • As of right now, I'm being punched in the face repeated by the trials and tribulations that come with adult life. Since I was thrown into this role of independence through matters of circumstance instead of being eased into it like most people, I'm getting the **** knocked outta me. It's a...violent metaphor, but it's the best way to describe my feelings. :P

My purpose in life as far as I can tell is simply absorbing as much knowledge as I can while I'm around, and making due with what I can do until I can truly fend for myself.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I work with computers for a living; I hardly think that makes me a "sad person."

There's no pre-ordained meaning to our lives, so judging someone like that is pointless. Someone who sits in their room playing video games all the time is no less "sad" than someone who has conversations with their peers all the time. We assign our own meaning to life; the only people "wasting" theirs are the ones not working toward their self-ordained purpose.
    Missing the point...

So if ones self-ordained purpose has no benefit to the greater mankind then it's a life well spent? I think not. Everyone contributes to the greater good in some way or another. Also, I meant that people who have no life under their self-constructed fantasy are sad people. The computer was just a euphemism. Even if it really wasn't that euphemistic...

Besides, is it possible that you do not feel empty if you spend your life doing nothing worthwhile? Whatever you deem worthwhile...

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I am waiting to submit my choices for Year 10 (which are BTEC Art, GCSE Economics, GCSE ICT and GCSE History for anyone interested), I sit in front of some kind of electric screen most of the time, I aim to be either an Endocrinologist or Teacher and i have travelled the world on Google Earth. I have successfully talked down to the most narcissistic, arrogant jerks in East Merton. In the words of Comic Book Guy: Life Well Spent!!!

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I think I'm living my life very well. I manage my time well by following a daily routine. I spend two hours every day studying to keep up my grades and to entertain my interests; I spend one hour every day exercising and also watch which kind of foods I eat. As for time on the computer, I spend about three hours daily to do my job on PC, chat with friends and do my homework.

Personally, I think the best thing you can do to really feel that you're living your life to the fullest is to space everything out, prioritize events and try new things. I know it worked for me.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • So if ones self-ordained purpose has no benefit to the greater mankind then it's a life well spent? I think not.
    I think so. Many of us may choose to contribute to society, but that doesn't mean those who refrain are wasting their lives; as long as they feel that they're doing something worthwhile, I think that's really all that matters. You don't have to be a saint in order to live a worthwhile life.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    i working towards being a musician,im working on songs now,and i just spend my days playing guitar,so hopefuly i'll get famous and go to japan.(where dreams are everlasting)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Eh, I guess I sorta do, thought I hardly go outside much anymore, but that isn't entirely my fault *coughparentscough*. I stay on the computer a lot, but I do hang out with friends, play video games, etc. So I think I'm making the most of my life. : P

Back