• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] What are you hoping for?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • The title says it all really. What are you biggest hopes and dreams for these games? I'm hoping we get to go to the Sevii Islands and/or Johto.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I hope GameFreak has listened to feedback and concerns from previous games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • A traditional league with Gyms, Elite Four and a Champion. I know it's probably a given but with the integration of GO, it's kinda concerning how this could affect the battle system outside of wild Pokemon. Luckily, it does look as though trainer battles seem to be as they were which probably means there will be Gyms in the format of the core games.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • DLC to add Cherrim. T_T

But realistically, I hope they take a lot of creative liberty with the games. Kanto has a very dull overworld in comparison to other regions now and while the nostalgia factor is high, I'd rather have a reimagining than a straight up tile-for-tile remake.

gotron228

^_^
    Years
  • My wishlist:

Battle Frontier for that extra play-time.

A remade Sevii Islands considering we've had a Kanto remake before so they'd hopefully make it at least bigger than that.

DLC(controversial?), give us extra regions, areas, challenges, Pokemon and/or MORE CONTENT even if I have to pay for it. I know it will never happen because yearly Pokemon releases but considering this is kinda it's own entity unconnected to "core titles" I'd love to see ongoing support. I guess if Let's Go is successful rather than DLC they'll probably just make this the series that fits inbetween the Generational games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Is Pikachu and Eevee the next core game? And is it a confirmed Kanto remake or some sort of revisit to the past?

It's hard to tell.

Cherrim

Years
  • Is Pikachu and Eevee the next core game? And is it a confirmed Kanto remake or some sort of revisit to the past?

It's hard to tell.
    No, the next "core" game comes out late 2019. This is sooort of a spinoff.

But it's confirmed to be a Pokemon Yellow remake of sorts. Moreso inspired by it than a direct remake, though.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • No, the next "core" game comes out late 2019. This is sooort of a spinoff.

But it's confirmed to be a Pokemon Yellow remake of sorts. Moreso inspired by it than a direct remake, though.

I'd call it a hybridization of Pokemon GO and Pokemon Yellow. In other words, they got together and had a child and this is the result. The Pokemon GO elements are going to turn people off though since 1) People didn't all get into it(me being one), 2) Leveling mechanism involves candies or something completely different than the traditional method of battling wild Pokemon to toughen them up for Trainer/Gym battles(people don't like change if there's no justification for it) and 3) The whole allure or value behind Eevee is being able to evolve it into its many forms. Unless we can breed more Eevee's, everyone is going to go Pikachu since even as a Pikachu, it has value(although it'd be better as a Raichu).

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    No, the next "core" game comes out late 2019. This is sooort of a spinoff.

It almost seems like it could be a core game, but that would explain why I don't particularly find it that impressive.

Ehhh... I'll have to do more research to decide at all if I want it. I really only care about battling, not so much any of the gimmicky taking care of Pokemon/Go kind of thing.

Cherrim

Years
  • I'd call it a hybridization of Pokemon GO and Pokemon Yellow. In other words, they got together and had a child and this is the result. The Pokemon GO elements are going to turn people off though since 1) People didn't all get into it(me being one), 2) Leveling mechanism involves candies or something completely different than the traditional method of battling wild Pokemon to toughen them up for Trainer/Gym battles(people don't like change if there's no justification for it) and 3) The whole allure or value behind Eevee is being able to evolve it into its many forms. Unless we can breed more Eevee's, everyone is going to go Pikachu since even as a Pikachu, it has value(although it'd be better as a Raichu).

They've said this game is meant more as an entry point to the series for newer players, not necessarily for their core demographic. So maybe for people who haven't played Pokemon since the original games but got back into it with Pokemon Go, or young kids who've never had a console before but liked playing Go on their parents' phones and want a non-internet-based way to play, etc.

So I agree it's a hybrid of the two games, but it's not a core game in that it's not aimed at their hardcore demographic like most of the other RPG-style main games are.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Shinies. But I think in a later patch there will be Johto & shinies so yay!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm really just hoping that there will be gym leaders in this game, but I don't think that'll be the case in the traditional way. And I'm hoping Pokémon level up and learn moves the way they are supposed to and not made up attacks like from what I heard were attacks on Pokémon Go.

Years
  • I hope these will have different story that Yellow. The protagonist isn't Red anymore, so it would be fitting to change the story too. Also don't force the use of the Pokémon GO to have the full experience from the games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    I'm really just hoping that there will be gym leaders in this game, but I don't think that'll be the case in the traditional way. And I'm hoping Pokémon level up and learn moves the way they are supposed to and not made up attacks like from what I heard were attacks on Pokémon Go.

I am also interested in the pokemon leveling mechanic since it is not discussed. They do have levels shown in the battle scene, so they are not doing CP as they do in pokemon Go. I hope to see some sort of training mechanic or battle arena.

I m also hoping for new attacks. Pikachu learned Electroweb in the anime, so that is also possible.

I hope there is a grand rpg story line since they took some core elements of the core series out. Don't baby up Pokemon.

Years
  • This game better have shinies, if it does then I will be fully satisfied with it and will continue playing alongside the Gen 8 games. If you can catch shinies I wonder if they will be visible in the wild or only once you get into the battle.

Do you guys think there will be shiny pokemon in this?

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
    Years
  • Hoping for a decent post game. Also hope for gym leader and elite four rematches.

I know Game Freak said the games will only contain the original 151, plus a few from Gen VII, but I do hope that only applies to the main game. I'd like to see cross-generational evolutions at least in the post game. Should've been in the main game too.

Back