• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What are you listening to? Edition IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Bloodhail - Have A Nice Life

never heard of this band

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Bloodhail - Have A Nice Life

never heard of this band
    Allow Me To Spit Hatred For A Moment. I loved this band (and especially that album) when I was 15 and first getting into proper '""dark music""" but now that I'm older (two years older but still Older Ok) I find it aging so poorly. it's produced terribly. the guitars sound flaccid as shit. the bass sounds stupid. the dude sounds like what I sound like when I sing which isn't good, and it's lo-fi, but not satisfyingly lo-fi. it's self-indulgent. if I wanted dark shoegaze or post-punk or drone I'd listen to real shoegaze or post-punk or drone, not this watered-down amalgamation of the three. this has no reflection on you as a person. it's been a rough day marz. IT'S BEEN A ROUGH DAY. what did you think of them?

"Green" ~ Another Sunny Day
    London Weekend (1992)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Allow Me To Spit Hatred For A Moment. I loved this band (and especially that album) when I was 15 and first getting into proper '""dark music""" but now that I'm older (two years older but still Older Ok) I find it aging so poorly. it's produced terribly. the guitars sound flaccid as muk. the bass sounds stupid. the dude sounds like what I sound like when I sing which isn't good, and it's lo-fi, but not satisfyingly lo-fi. it's self-indulgent. if I wanted dark shoegaze or post-punk or drone I'd listen to real shoegaze or post-punk or drone, not this watered-down amalgamation of the three. this has no reflection on you as a person. it's been a rough day marz. IT'S BEEN A ROUGH DAY. what did you think of them?

LOL it's quite alright, I love reading people's opinions on music. I'm listening to the song in question again and my thoughts are as follows: I can't stand the lead singer, he sings with a whiny voice that became very common among 90's/00's bands; the guitars and general atmosphere are very boring. If you're going to do slow and moody, you gotta do it well; it sounds like a more boring, tamer version of Deftones. You may not agree with this, but that's the thought that came to mind upon critically listening.

and PS: two years is plenty of time to refine musical taste. Especially with the amount of music available to us today, your tastes can be influenced and change very easily, and very sternly.

Heard About You Last Night - Mogwai

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    LOL it's quite alright, I love reading people's opinions on music. I'm listening to the song in question again and my thoughts are as follows: I can't stand the lead singer, he sings with a whiny voice that became very common among 90's/00's bands; the guitars and general atmosphere are very boring. If you're going to do slow and moody, you gotta do it well; it sounds like a more boring, tamer version of Deftones. You may not agree with this, but that's the thought that came to mind upon critically listening.

and PS: two years is plenty of time to refine musical taste. Especially with the amount of music available to us today, your tastes can be influenced and change very easily, and very sternly.
    basically agree with that. hate the guy's voice and it's recorded in such a way that doesn't even make his whines potent. lord knows I love whiny white guys screaming over slow and moody instrumentals but there needs to be some element of SOMETHING other than powerless whininess involved, or they at least need to make it more convincing than Have a Nice Life guy. I get the Deftones comparison. and I love Deftones. especially White Pony. GOD that's a good album. and yeah I agree with two years being enough time to refine taste. like to think my taste is in a constant state of revision, though. y'know.

"Someone to Share My Life With" ~ Jens Lekman
    Maple Leaves (2003)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back