• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you listening to? v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • "Organs for Oceans" ~ Jordaan Mason & the Horse Museum
    Album: Divorce Lawyers I Shaved My Head (2009)

I was expecting this to be super annoying because of the weird, obnoxious cult that's been formed around the album, but it's surprisingly inoffensive (albeit dramatic) folk with a somewhat idiosyncratic lead singer. it's like In the Aeroplane Over the Sea but less obnoxious. so it's alright.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    "Organs for Oceans" ~ Jordaan Mason & the Horse Museum
    Album: Divorce Lawyers I Shaved My Head (2009)

I was expecting this to be super annoying because of the weird, obnoxious cult that's been formed around the album, but it's surprisingly inoffensive (albeit dramatic) folk with a somewhat idiosyncratic lead singer. it's like In the Aeroplane Over the Sea but less obnoxious. so it's alright.

I used to love ITAOTS, but because everyone cracks jokes about it and made it into some annoying meme, it annoys the living shit out of me.

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
    Album: Bitches Brew

Jazz Funk is just soooo goood

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Are you Anthony Fantano?
    man, why the fuck did Fantano turn into a meme? fuck /mu/. Fantano was actually eloquent but now no one can like him because everyone's like "Le Fantano drone xD ebin :^)" and it's the most annoying thing in the universe. I've come to absolutely detest /mu/ and everything it stands for, if you couldn't tell. sorry. I used to love ITAOTS while I still bought into the I LOOOOOVE YOU JEESSUSUSUSU CHRIISIIIIIIST and SEMEN STAINS THE MOUNTAINTOPS~ LMAO memes but now it's just totally obnoxious and I feel genuinely bad for Jeff Mangum because he wrote this super emotional, heartfelt piece and now it's just been made a total joke. and no one ever mentions this but "Oh Comely" absolutely kills the momentum of that album, and is about 5 minutes too long and goes absolutely nowhere. that's the main reason I can't dig on the album that much these days. holy fuck I rambled.

"In the Army Now" ~ Joyce Manor
    Album: Never Hungover Again (2014)

I need to learn all the words to this album in the next few months so I can drive around and scream along to it a bunch over the summer.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
  • man, why the fuck did Fantano turn into a meme? fuck /mu/. Fantano was actually eloquent but now no one can like him because everyone's like "Le Fantano drone xD ebin :^)" and it's the most annoying thing in the universe. I've come to absolutely detest /mu/ and everything it stands for, if you couldn't tell. sorry. I used to love ITAOTS while I still bought into the I LOOOOOVE YOU JEESSUSUSUSU CHRIISIIIIIIST and SEMEN STAINS THE MOUNTAINTOPS~ LMAO memes but now it's just totally obnoxious and I feel genuinely bad for Jeff Mangum because he wrote this super emotional, heartfelt piece and now it's just been made a total joke. and no one ever mentions this but "Oh Comely" absolutely kills the momentum of that album, and is about 5 minutes too long and goes absolutely nowhere. that's the main reason I can't dig on the album that much these days. holy fuck I rambled.

I genuinely respect and enjoy the works of Fantano and Mangum, but don't let memes, if anything, ruin both for you. /mu/ is very dumb, it's just a fact of life. Also, Oh Comely is the best song on the album.

Syd Barrett - She Took A Long Cold Look At Me

Detox

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

His new tape was pretty solid and this is one of the better songs, in my opinion.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • i'm pretty sure matt & alex just make up bands for this thread

no flex zone rae sremmurd

why whatever do you mean? this is entirely wrong and furthermore i

bug-infested floorboards can we please just leave this place, now. - the brave little abacus
    Album: just got back from the discomfort; we're alright (2010)

well damn that's incriminating

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    why whatever do you mean? this is entirely wrong and furthermore i

bug-infested floorboards can we please just leave this place, now. - the brave little abacus
    Album: just got back from the discomfort; we're alright (2010)

well damn that's incriminating

i could type out basically any jumble of words i liked and it'd already have a place in your itunes

i don't fear death anymore (just you) - coronation street block party
    album: fuzzy picture of a band member exhaling cigarette smoke superimposed on a hill in the dusk hours (2011)

Spoiler:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • ahahahahaha oh my god

i wouldnt listen to a band with that name tho i mean really

Brave As A Noun - Andrew Jackson Jihad
    Album: People That Can Eat People Are The Luckiest People In The World

COME AT ME HARLEY QUINN

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Have you heard 420 Love Songs? I think teen suicide has a few tracks on it, along with starry cat and other similar artists.
    nah. unfortunately I don't really like many of the other lo-fi indie artists that have become a Thing in the past few years, but teen suicide does it for me big time for some reason.

"Everything Must Go!" ~ The Weakerthans
    Album: Left and Leaving (2000)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back