• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What are you planning on doing with the new Vivillon?

Years
  • Today the Fancy Vivillon event started.
    Spoiler:

And what are you planning on doing with it? Are you going to use it for a solo or mono run, or are you going to restart the game and use it on your team, or are you going to use it competitively? I want to see how you guys will use it.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Download it, pick it up, box it, done. It's useless overall and just a must-have like every legendary and special distributions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm hoping that everyone remembers that you can save right before you talk to the woman at the Pokemon Centre and just constantly reset to get the nature you want (and if you're patient enough, to get some good IVs too. I just remind everyone since the last mystery gift giveaway was so long ago that people may have forgotten)

Years
  • I'm hoping that everyone remembers that you can save right before you talk to the woman at the Pokemon Centre and just constantly reset to get the nature you want (and if you're patient enough, to get some good IVs too. I just remind everyone since the last mystery gift giveaway was so long ago that people may have forgotten)

Did that, and got a timid one.

Years
  • Today the Fancy Vivillon event started.
    Spoiler:

And what are you planning on doing with it? Are you going to use it for a solo or mono run, or are you going to restart the game and use it on your team, or are you going to use it competitively? I want to see how you guys will use it.

Thank you so much, I didn't know this event was on! I really like it, I think I might try to use it...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm so glad they made this a WiFi/Mystery Gift event. I thought they were gonna pull some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ like with the PokeBall Vivillon, but they didn't, so yay.

Fancy Vivillon apparently comes with a move called "Hold Hands". Does anyone know what it does?

And I'm not sure if I'm gonna soft reset for one with a good nature or not.

For_Whom_The_Bronzong_Tolls

Pokemaniac since '98
    Years
  • I'm so glad they made this a WiFi/Mystery Gift event. I thought they were gonna pull some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ like with the PokeBall Vivillon, but they didn't, so yay.

Fancy Vivillon apparently comes with a move called "Hold Hands". Does anyone know what it does?

And I'm not sure if I'm gonna soft reset for one with a good nature or not.

I would assume it raises friendship between the trainer and the two pokemon.

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    I'm hoping that everyone remembers that you can save right before you talk to the woman at the Pokemon Centre and just constantly reset to get the nature you want (and if you're patient enough, to get some good IVs too. I just remind everyone since the last mystery gift giveaway was so long ago that people may have forgotten)

I did this about 30 times and still wasn't getting a modest one, so I just gave up. xD I forgot what I settled with, but I know it wasn't usable. I never really use event Pokemon, though. But it was cool nonetheless.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I... actually wasn't much aware of this event, haha. It's great that they're distributing it, though! I would have downloaded it, but too bad my wi-fi isn't working. Might borrow my neighbor's one for a while, and see if that works. Fancy Vivillon is looking amazing, by the way.

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Finally get a Vivllon Dex Entry.

jk, if I do get one, trophy it and start collecting Vivillon, probably.

Elicoor

Elicoor
    Years
  • How do you even know about this? Is there a certain place to find out about event PokeMon? I have missed every event Pokemon except the Arceus for generation five... And that was just luck!!
    I don't want to miss anything else... If someone would please let me know how to find out when there will be an event..
    How do we go about getting this one by the way?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    How do you even know about this? Is there a certain place to find out about event PokeMon? I have missed every event Pokemon except the Arceus for generation five... And that was just luck!!
    I don't want to miss anything else... If someone would please let me know how to find out when there will be an event..
    How do we go about getting this one by the way?
    Bulbapedia and Serebii's main pages are usually good places to go for that sort of info. They're usually quick to announce events and such.

Years
  • My wi-fi sadly can never successfully connect to my 3DS so I won't be able to get my hands on it (I still love my male River Vivillon) but that's nice to hear they made it a Mystery Gift event which we have been lacking quite a bit of lately. Hold Hands is an interesting move, and from what I've seen on Tumblr it has a pretty fun animation as well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I haven't download mines yet, but I want to know long this event will last. If it's one day only, then I'll have to download it via mystery gift quickly.

Years
  • I haven't download mines yet, but I want to know long this event will last. If it's one day only, then I'll have to download it via mystery gift quickly.

It lasts til July 31st, so plenty of time to get it. Thankfully unlike the Poke Ball Vivillon it can be either gender (legitimate Poke Ball Vivillons could only be male) and its nature and IVs can be reset if you save before you receive it from the lady in the Pokemon Center.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • It lasts til July 31st, so plenty of time to get it. Thankfully unlike the Poke Ball Vivillon it can be either gender (legitimate Poke Ball Vivillons could only be male) and its nature and IVs can be reset if you save before you receive it from the lady in the Pokemon Center.

I'm glad you posted this, serebii says male and the first like 6 or so I reset for a good nature were all female, I was starting to question it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I settled for one with a Hasty nature. I'm probably going to keep him and make him part of a Vivillon collection. Really wish you could nickname event Pokemon though.

Back