• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Today I finished I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. It is the first book in The Lorian Legacy series; I really enjoyed it! The last 100 pages had me on edge, and the rest of the book did an amazing job building up to that point. The plot was constantly moving and never had a dull moment; honestly I had wished that Lore drew out the ending a little more because there was too much going on in such a short amount of time. Without giving much away, I can just say that the shift was drastic and the transitioning was kind of weird. However, I still loved it and Lore set it up well for the next book. It was amazing to see the main character, ?John? develop his powers and I grew so attached to the characters that I cried at the end (not giving away spoilers). The book is told in first person which I thought was strange at first, but really enjoyed it as the novel progressed. Can?t wait to read the next book sometime next week hopefully.

Right now I am reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Haven?t read the book before or seen the movie. Excited to read it this weekend. :)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I seriously need to actually finish a book for once. >~<

Anyway, I'm reading Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp

It's really hard to understand, but I've noticed that most Star Wars books are. Plus, I haven't seen the movies in a really long time.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I just finished a fantastic book called The Strangeness of Beauty by Lydia Minatoya. It takes place in the early 1900's to the late 1930's and is split between Japan and Seattle. It's a great book about culture shock, family, grieving and forgiving during a very tumultuous time in history.

After that, I wanted something quick to read, so I just started Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. My brother said he read it in a few days and he hasn't steered me wrong before, so I'm hoping I can finish it just as quickly.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I have so many books to read/finish. DX I keep buying new ones, reading a little and putting them down!

Anyway, I'm reading Another Night, Another Day by Sarah Rayner.

What attracted me towards this book was the mention of one of the characters having a son with Autism. I was curious to see how the author writes it. Also, considering how I write a lot of disability fiction myself... I tend to try and learn from how others write or portray it. That is, if it's mostly positive and what not.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    After not meeting my reading goal for 2015, I decided to get serious and go hard for 2016....and I'm off to a phenomenal start ._.

I'm currently leafing through 3 books and I'm not entirely sure which I'll finish first, but I hope it's in a timely manner:

1. The Price of Salt - Patricia Highsmith
    2. Beginning Film Studies - Andrew Dix
    3. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy (trying to read a lot of Russian lit this year)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I have so many books to read/finish. DX I keep buying new ones, reading a little and putting them down!
    I'm the same way! Gets tough haha
    Does the bible count as a book...?
    Yes

Right now mostly The City of Bones (Mortal Industrments #1) and Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus #2).
    With a bit of Doctor Who: The Crawling Terror and Mystics: The Seventh Sense. Some others ofc but those are the ones I've been reading the most / recently.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've just started rereading Harry Potter since I've been wanting to reread it for a while and it just felt appropriate given Alan Rickman's sad passing recently, but I'm still getting back into the groove with recreational reading since I just took a relatively intense literature class this past semester that made me a bit tired of reading. So... it's taking me a while to get through it, even though I've read the first book within a day in the past.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    There's actually a Japanese term for that: tsundoku. It's such a perfect word to describe my bad habits when it comes to books.

Currently reading:

The Crystal City by Orson Scott Card - the last book written for the Alvin Maker series. I do like it, but I'd like to just get it over with so I can move on to the Enderverse series.

2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke - the beginning with Moon-Watcher was the most interesting part. I've been told that the book is boring and I should just watch the movie instead, but I can't stop reading a book when I'm in the middle of it. So I'm powering through and am counting down to when HAL 9000 gets more scenes.

And a Digimon fanfic, if that counts.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    brave new world, it can get a bit confusing at times but so far so good

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I'm currently listening to the Outlander series. Time travel, romance, adventures, very good!

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    I'm currently reading The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. It's the first book of the Gentleman Bastard series, and honestly, if the quality of the book speaks for the rest of the series then life's gonna be great for the next month!

Years
    I'm currently reading A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. It's the second of the A Song of Ice and Fire series and every bit as brilliant as I would expect.

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
    Years
    Brothers and Sisters. Let us indulge ourselves in the magnificence known as American Midnight, the first book of the The Damaged Posse series, by B.R. Snow. It's got romance, it's got mystery, it's got thriller, it's got humor; deeply balled into one great noir package.

Back