• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you scared of?

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    I'm afraid of things I have no control over on a massive scale, i.e tornadoes, meteor crashing into earth, etc. I'm also afraid of being helpless to protect someone I care about, and essentially losing said person.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Death; Not the actual act of dying... Even if it's painful, I don't think there's much to fear in that. But the actual being dead. Which is kind of silly since I don't believe in life after death, anyway.
    Deep water; Oceans, large lakes... I don't know why and don't care to know why. I just don't like water.
    Loose animals; Strange animals that aren't contained make me uneasy. I'm not afraid of them, per se. But the fact that if they did attack and I wouldn't have a means of escape is what worries me. That said, most of them around here (dogs, cats, etc, etc) are actually quite friendly and/or couldn't care less about me. *shrug* It's still a fear that I have.
    Small spaces/Small locked in spaces; Elevators. OMG. I hate public bathrooms, too. I just don't like feeling trapped.
    The dark; I hate the dark. While most people report this phobia appearing early in life, it didn't pop up for me until middle school.

The only "phobias" (as in completely irrational and I will freak out if I so much as hear about it) on that list are death and the dark.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I am terrified of airplanes. I live only ten minutes away from NYC and I remember 9/11 very vividly. Ever since that day, whenever I hear an airplane my blood runs cold and I imagine the plane crashing into something :(

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Heights, literal and emotional. Once you climb so high, it's always such a steep drop right back down...

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    mostly spiders. !! I'm not terrified of them, but i tend to kill them when i see them cause they creep me out.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    -Having a stroke
    -Having a gall bladder attack
    -Having a kid
    -Having a seziure
    -Robbers, rapists, and general house invasion.
    -Lethal bugs and animals (Redbacks, funnelwebs, poison snakes etc)
    As you can tell...I'm kind of a wuss

Years
    Mostly bugs. Any of them can scare me if they're large and come out of nowhere. Like that one big spider I saw in my shower one day. Wasps and sometimes bees especially scare me, because I don't want to get stung. ;____;

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I have a severe case of MudkipPhobia... Seriously, they freak out. Just look at the freaky thing;
    What are you scared of?

I'm also afraid of bugs, I honestly can't stand them. I don't mind spiders too much. (though they ain't bugs)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Ghost. I do not even dare to watch a movie/show that has anything that has to be do with Ghosts. Even a stupid commercial that has some ghostly scenes on it, I will run away from the television.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I'm scared of quite a number of things, unfortunately.

Pain - I hate pain. I mean, I will withstand and endure a lot (mentally and physically), but I just don't like it.
    Blood - It just freaks me out. Deep cuts and stuff, eugh. I can't watch RPA or any of those shows because when they operate they show all the crap and I almost puke.
    Bugs - Creepy crawlies are creepy. I know they're minuscule in size and stuff, but still.
    Heights - More like a fear of falling, but I just hate it. Even at school I don't stand too close to the railing.

There's probably a lot more. It's funny, because I never show any type of weakness at school. I mean, I'm scared of these things, but if I see a bug at school I'll kill it without flinching. I like to disguise my fears, basically.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm sorta scared of jumping from high heights without a harness or anything. I'm fine with heights normally but I have to jump off something that's like a sudden drop fear kinda takes over me

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm scared of growing old. :( I've known since I was a kid that I wanted to stay pretty young and the future is always so hard for me to imagine. I don't really like my birthdays at all, especially since turning 20 haha. I guess the eventuality of death scares me too but not as much as growing up, having jobs turn into careers, flings turn into relationships turn into commitment... and so on.

Also wasps.

Back