• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen what are you starting with????

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    wait...what was the part about the legendary dogs??? can you get them in fr? if so, then i missed something big... anyway, prof. oak says that charmander is the hardest to raise, but the most powerful in the end, basically. i chose him because i like power, fire, and charizards.

Crimson King

Liberate
    Years
    well in my rom i choosed squirtle (is was VERY easy with squirtle) but in my Fire Red (the actuall fire red) i choosed Charmander..... he bearly turned charizard like an hour ago XD ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    charmander...why? because i always get charmander hes a level 73 charizard now though.

Valmordian

Demigod
    Years
    Bulbasaur.. mostly cause I can't get Oddish and its evolutions in LG.. and cause I always got the Saur in B/R.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    bulbasaur, simply because I wanted to start the game how I played my very first game- and since I had heard bulbasaur was the easiest when I started, that was the one I chose way back when. next game I'll start with squirtle, which is actually my favorite, and then charmander, because that's the order I first played red and blue with. ^__^

I'm trying to make all the choices I made in my first game too. like the helix fossil was the first one I chose in red, so it's the one I chose this time too... some other stuff like that.

Unknown Hero

.?.?.?.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2004
    you can get the starters from johto in emerald...maybe thats what he means (doubt it)

Addler

Rogue Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2004
    Eh, I took Squirtle (Renamed Wicked, old habbits die hard). My favorite had always been Bulbasaur, but I like water much more than grass. So...eh. :laugh:

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I'd Wanted To Start With Scuirtle For Kanto And Totodile For Jotho....

johto isnt in FRLG, which also means the only place to get cyndaquil etc is in pokemon colesseum. this kinda bums me out because i wish they would let GBA be GBA and gamecube be gamecube. i dont want to buy colesseum to fill up my GBA pokedex thankyou very much. i hope the rest of them guys are gonna be on the GBA exclusively sometime soon

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    i picked charmander because hello he can fly when evovle to charazard!!!!and it is also a dragon type and it just is cool but blastoise is cool too if i had to pick between then again i would pick squirtle and also bublasaur sucks he has weak moves (he/she) my bad

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    charmander because its harder to get a good fire pokemon plus is my fave

Back