• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you working on?

Years
  • What are you working on, at the moment?

This thread is for posting about what you're working on. Perhaps you haven't posted a thread for your ROM hack yet, but still want to share little snippets of progress you're making. Maybe you're working on a different type of ROM hacking project, like a tool! Or maybe you just want to talk about a small thing on your hack you're working on that wouldn't normally warrant a post in your hack thread.

Whatever the reason, let's get some discussion going about whatever it is you're focussing on at the moment!

This is NOT a help thread; please go to the Beginner's Lounge if you want help.

wolfboyft

Pokémon Generation 2 Hacker
    Years
  • Whatever the reason, let's get some discussion going about whatever it is you're focussing on at the moment!

Typo :P

Regardless, I'm currently trying to think up a good storyline. At this point, I'm just "winging" it, making rooms on the first level of the abyss and unimportant-but-cool features as I go along, with barely any planning.

Large text beneath, less on-topic.
    Spoiler:

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I'm actually taking a hiatus from what I was working on due to falling behind in some more important things in my life. However, I'm still learning to hack for the sake of my intended to hack.
    So what I'm currently working on is three things (when I can sneak a few minutes here and there): Plotting out the story itself (not worried about the finer things yet, but I want a solid idea of where the story is at every point as well as side quests), Sorting out the features I want to include into a list from Easy to Learn and Implement to More Difficult, and of course, Learning how to hack!
    For learning to hack, I'm focusing on scripting right now, but like I said, I only have a few minutes here and there to spare and learning to script is more time-intensive, my primary project at the moment is story content planning and an overall list of features.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I'm making my 880 emerald rombase as well a yes u read right a 1020 base for fire red that's 90% complete just need them cries to work

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Realizing if I really want to hack at all, I should make my own region instead of adapting an existing region that's been 386'd to death already. At least I got some good mapping practice.

Years
  • I've been working on an Emerald hack off and on which has the p/s split, gen 4 evolutions, new moves and abilities etc. I'm not sure if I want to release a regular Emerald hack or make something else out of it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Working on a couple different ROM hacking tools plus I work on my hack in sporadic bursts.

wolfboyft

Pokémon Generation 2 Hacker
    Years
  • Wouldn't that be an interesting idea for a ROM in and of itself? A ROM hack that teaches ROM hacking.
    With built in crashes that players need to fix after learning a bit about assembly coding in order to progress. A little humor here and there, some examples of the mind blowing work you can do with a small bag of tricks, and a sense of accomplishment and it might make for a very useful training tool.

Yeah! Of course, there would be no ROM. It would all be done in pokered/pokeyellow/pokecrystal/pokegold/pokeemerald disassembly. Conventional ROM hacking absolutely sucks.

Awec

Maniacal Egotist ~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I'm working on a hack of Fire Red, probably using MrDollSteak's rombase, which will be yet another 'enhanced' version of Fire Red. I'm making it for my and my friends' personal use but might release it here.
    It will include a choice selection of Gen 4,5,6 Pokemon (the ones I like enough to add), possibly some fakemon, some added/changed maps and the ability to find all the Pokemon in the wild, plus changed trainer teams to include the new variety of Pokemon.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • A hack of FireRed I've been working on for 3 years, Pokemon Fuchsia. I haven't made a thread for it because a lot of it is being changed frequently, and I currently don't want people waiting on me to finish it. Right now, the fakemon are being made and finalized.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2016
    I'm currently working on my first hack which I've been postponing since 2014. Actually, if any of you guys are interested, just PM me. I'm up for sharing ideas and/or receiving tips.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I'm making a orange island ROM ;) need some map tiles tho guys if anyone wants to help I'll give in game credit (before you even play so everyone can see)

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    Working on my Pokemon: Magma Version. I have the protagonist sprites done, just need to do maps, as I'm doing a new region. And a new enemy team, lel. If anyone wants to help or give suggestions, feel free to!

_Evan

Learning to ROM Hack
    Years
  • I'm just trying to find time to work on a custom rom for myself. Not many big plans currently, just adding the Mystery Events, fixing the trade evolutions, and editing a couple other things.

Back