• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your Best Computer Areas?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
  • Lots of things. I can make legacy programs run on any operating system (like DOS in Vista), I can program quite well, I can build web pages. (I prefer to do it by hand in notepad) I play vintage computer games (and ingore the fact that the graphics are now horrible), hack old games with new stuff, and I can hand build a theme for Windows XP. (All that really requires is an image editor, reshack, and a little knowledge of how the operating system stores themes) I obviously prefer the coded side of computers, but I do know my way around the hardware. I can get programs decide that they aren't actually incompatible with each other, and I am often seen coding something for fun. I rip my DVDs and archive them, I can play almost any computer game without the CD in the drive (I LOVE virtual drives!), and I can get almost any computer running smoothly. (The exception being hardware issues) In short, I'm the guy you want to have around with computer issues, and my best areas are PC maintenance/repair and programming. Since I've been using computers most of my life, I get by with anything, and I can do a lot that, for some reason, people older than me just can't. (The funny part is, some of it is actually easy. I once had a teacher in high school who couldn't figure something out in excel, emailed other teachers, and got hugely complex solutions. I looked at what he wanted and put in the formula he needed in 30 seconds, without all the extra copies of all the data that the other teachers used. Did I mention that the teacher was teaching a computers class at the time?)

I'm sorry if that was long winded, egotistical, or both. I really like computers, and all of it is true. (Although I probably copuld have worded it better)

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I'm ok at web design and the hardware aspect of repair and maintenance. I stink at programming and I'm a really slower learner when it comes to web coding.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • Programming, hardware and I'm alright at fixing software issues.

But they could all use serious improvement anyway.

Back