• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What are your expectations for RBY?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • This probably mostly part of the means to stop you doing something dumb and savestating in and out while in the middle of link communications. (Also stops the game from becoming unplayable or losing a lot of progess if you don't make a real save and ended up creating a restore point just before a game-crashing glitch)

That's not a good comparison because the actual ESRB website only talks about simulated gambling in the context of a T rating.
    Cultural attitudes have changed too much in the past 10 or so years to let it pass in new games.

The "avoiding interruption of link communications" is a good rationale for the enforced removal of save states, due to being more of a technological issue. As for "tops the game from becoming unplayable or losing a lot of progess if you don't make a real save and ended up creating a restore point just before a game-crashing glitch", it's a good safeguard, although I would think that there are other save-state-able Virtual Console games that have similar "game-breaking glitches", or do none of the other Virtual Console games' potential game-breaking glitches approach the level of the glitches seen in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow..?

I see your point about the weak comparison.. Although, there at least have been kid-oriented "Everyone"-rated and "Everyone 10+"-rated games that have managed to receive release with a simple "Simulated Gambling" descriptor, so I don't think that the content should pose too much of a problem for Pokemon games...

I have a feeling that Nintendo would be averse to letting Pokemon core series games being released with what amounts to "Teen" ESRB ratings (although who knows, policy could change). -_- Sigh..cultural attitudes seem fickle these days, in my opinion - it seems like they are simultaneously becoming more stringent and more lax in regards to certain areas of content..and Pokemon doesn't even have that much content to stifle to begin with.. >_>

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I'm sure all of the charm that resides with the original games will be sucked out. The Game Corner, the unintentional innuendos, the various glitches etc. I still have my Yellow so I have no reason to purchase them anyway.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    @fenyx4 mentioned the ratings.

I wonder what will happen to our good ol' Game Corner? Are they gonna function like the EU Pt Game Corner? :(

Last edited:
    Back