• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your favourite meals? :)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • I absolutely love meatballs. I'm also a big fan of *real paella*, which has no seafood and does have green beans, for instance. And I also love homemade lasagna. Well, to be frank, everything gains a bunch of points when it's me cooking it.

Years
  • cake obviously

200w.gif

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Sushi is my absolute favourite. My dream meal would be to get taken to an all you can eat sushi buffet. My other favourite foods in no particular order: Japanese Katsu curry, Chinese style braised pork with potato and rice, Cantonese style tomato and eggs with either rice or rice noodles, gozleme, pad thai, mango chicken with rice and lasagna. I also absolutely love everything they serve at dim sum / yum cha. Add in bubble tea on the side and it's my dream meal :D

Years
  • Cod. Doesn't matter what it goes with tbh.
    Chicken Satay.
    The Pumpkin Pizza they sell in the supermarket here 🤤
    This:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    Pizza is the best tasting thing for me depending on the place of purchase.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Fortunately you wrote "favourite meals" plural :)
    • Nems.
      A huge favourite. Fortunately, there are a few difficulties that prevent me from eating too many of them too often:
      1) it's soooooo hard to cook so I will only cook them once or twice a year.
      2) I live far from my grandmother, who cooks the best nems I've ever eaten.
      2) none of my friends ever wants to go to the all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurant with me (because my friends and I are not in the same social class + I eat healthy and they don't, so when they go to the restaurant it has to be a classy/healthy one, whereas when I go to the restaurant it has to be junk food that stuffs me)
    • Pizza.
      Junk food that stuffs me. That's it :)
      Unless you're making it yourself, or unless you're going to a traditional pizzeria lost in the countryside of Italy, pizza is probably the most unhealthy meal you can eat. You might as well go to any food-processing industry nearby and eat what you find in their garbages.
      But as I eat healthy all the time, this is a perfect cheat meal for me :)
    • Tandoori chicken.
      Despite being wonderful, I've never tried to cook it myself, because I don't have an oven ^^"
    • Misao.
      Vietnamese fried noodles + lots of vegetables + lots of chicken or shrimps.
    • "Croque-messieurs". (Grilled cheese and ham sandwiches)
      Stupidly easy to make and yet, I love them. Traditionnally they are made with ham, I prefer to make them with any cold meat I like.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    ah man where do i even begin. a lot of this will be my broke american upbringing coming out but,

• spaghetti and meatsauce -- meatballs are overbearing, but nice on occasion.
    • chicken and dumplings -- bonus points if the dumplings are handmade.
    • chicken noodles -- classic here
    • taco salad -- mostly if it's done the way mom used to make it.
    • spinach fettuccini alfredo -- doesn't really need meat though if i had to pick i'd go for salmon or shrimp every time.
    • pork roast w/ veggies and potatoes
    • chicken or tuna salad sandwich
    • pork schnitzel w/ mashed potatoes and green beans

there's not a lot of meals i don't like but this list is the exhaustive definition of comfort food for me.

Years
  • I can live off of pasta meals forever! They're soo good and diverse. Same with potatoes - love how many different things you can make with them. Favorites being various types of pasta bakes and creamy mashed potatoes. ❤️

sushi is life though

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    ~I love chili and cornbread! A good bit of brown sugar and cayenne pepper go a long way in that dish as well.
    ~Spaghetti bolognese
    ~Ramen with lots of mushrooms!
    ~Udon noodles, especially if they're fried with broccoli
    ~Tacos, because obviously
    ~Jalapeno poppers! I'm a glutton for lava in my bowels. Love putting cream cheese with my homemade ranch spices in there.
    ~Fried rice, omgggg. I make it with peanut butter, coco aminos, ginger, garlic, and salt, and it turns out so damn good.
    ~Nachos with cheese fries and onion rings. So full of carbs so sometimes I overstuff my stomach and feel like crap after, but it tastes so good that I don't even care. I make my own cheese with cashews so there's at least a decent amount of healthy fats in it as well.

Years
  • Chicken pho. There's a restaurant not far from where I live that has great chicken pho, and a different restaurant sort-of catty-corner from work that also has great chicken pho.

Back