• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are your favourite tunes?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Nobody mentioned Violet City / Olivine City? What is this injustice?

I also love Route 26 and 27, Kanto Gym Battle, and Route 201.

Years
  • In SS I have to say I actually adore the music in Professor Elm's Lab. I know it's probably a weird thing to pick lol but as soon as I heard that, my original Silver gameplay nostalgia hit lol. Plus it's just a really funky tune :D

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
    Years
  • Hmm... I'd say the music I like most from Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum were the wild battle music, the Team Ginga/Galactic grunt and admin themes, the champion theme, and the Pokemon Gym theme.

As for HeartGold and SoulSilver, the themes I really enjoyed were the Johto Trainer Battle, the Kanto Gym Leader battle, the Ho-oh battle theme, and some of the area themes. I loved how Masuda added in orchestral elements into the battle arrangements, especially in the Johto Trainer battle theme.

Danny Leo

The Best There Is!
    Years
  • Champion Cynthia's battle theme and Champion Lance/Red's battle theme are the two best tunes that come to mind when I think of the DS Pokemon games. They always get me super pumped during the battle and make me want to go all out with everything I got.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Too many, especially from HGSS. From DPPt Route 209 and the Team Galactic battle theme were the best. HGSS was just incredible musically. So Many favourites. National Park is probably one of best, as well as Viridian Forest, Route 26/27, Route 38/39, Cinnabar Island, and probably some others I've forgotten. Incredible stuff.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I don't know about anyone else, but I loved the song from Route 2 in HG/SS. I used to love the 8-bit version from GSC, and the remake was awesome.

Overall, however, I prefer DPPt's music more than HG/SS. I liked the freshness of DPPt's soundtrack compared to the nostalgic HG/SS tracks. I think that DPPt's soundtrack was the best of all the generation's music. HG/SS's soundtrack was a great set of remixes, but it doesn't stand out as anything new, whereas DPPt's music was really something fresh and great. From Eterna Forest's tunes to the Pokemon League music, DPPt's songs were amazing.

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
    Years
  • Platinum:
    The snowy city is my fave, but I forget the name.
    I also like canalave music and floroma music.
    HeartGold:
    Cianwood music, champion battle music, ruins of alph music, route 39 music, and new lavender town music.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    DPPt: Champion battle theme. DPPt's best music imo.

HGSS: I have a lot to list. But if I were to pick one, then the champion battle theme.

Years
  • My fave tunes from the 4th Generation.

D/P/Pt: Surfing theme, Rival battle theme

HG/SS: Rival battle theme, National Park, Goldenrod City

I mean seriously, 4th Gen had the best rival battle music.

Back