• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What are your plans?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    Hey, so I (for aome strange reason) like to read what other PokéFans like to do on the day of the release. So here are a few questions to those who are picking Pokémon X or Y!

1. Have you bought a 3DS just for the new Pokémon game?
    2. What do you plan on doing when you get home with the game in your possession i.e Make a playthrough for youtube?
    3. Is there anything in the way of your playtime like school?

Personally i have just now gotten around to buying a 3DS XL (white). I plan on going and getting the game and then just putting all of my hours into the game for a few weeks because you know, eating and sleeping is for the weak.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • My plan is to isolate myself from the world while playing through the game. I'm really hyped for this, despite hating some additions like Fairy-type, but after seeing that demonstration battle on YouTube I can't wait to put my hands on these games. The battles look beautiful, the Pokémon look beautiful, it's like, almost better than PBR! Holy crap.

BTW I bought my 3DS mostly for Pokémon but I do own other games for it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    1. No, I already owned one.
    2. Just play it, I guess...
    3. Eating and sleeping. Also, real life.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • 1. Have you bought a 3DS just for the new Pokémon game? - Bought (actually my grandma did for me - as a reward for not complaining at work) since February! Yes, I bought it just for the new Pokemon Games.... 3DS XL works perfectly with all my other DS games (so I rarely use my DS lite now as I favor 3DS more) - also my uncle wanted a 3DS for the Resident Evil games (at times I'll let my uncle borrow the 3DS - pretty much every weekend, his days off from work)

2. What do you plan on doing when you get home with the game in your possession i.e Make a playthrough for youtube? - No, I"m going to play it for hours, having fun and exploring everything.

3. Is there anything in the way of your playtime like school? - other than work and doctor appointments - and the annoying running low on battery issue (I play my 3DS XL a lot in the front porch), nothing will stop me from having fun

Last edited:

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • 1. Nope, I've owned mine since launch and love it.

2. I'll be downloading it digitally that night, so after that I intend to spend the rest of my night soft-resetting for a starter with decent IVs and the right nature. If you're asking how I'll determine IVs without an IV calculator made for 6th gen, I'll pick a few Chespins until I get the general range of stats at lv. 5. Then I'll pick a Chespin with the right nature that has the max stat numbers in the stats I care about.

3. College. Lots of college. But I commute, so Ill have time at home to play.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • 1. I've owned mine since Nov. of 2011

2. I'll be waiting for the Mail to arrive...and then I'll lock myself up for awhile...wondering if I got a good Fennekin or not...and wondering what it'll evolve into.

3. I have a few free days, but have to go to school on Tuesday...I'll play as soon as I get home and finish my homework(if I have any).

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I own a 3DS already, I'm not going to play X & Y right away though... at least I don't think.
    I'm still trying to finish White 2 after finishing through D/P/Pt, HG/SS, B/W and Black 2! Phew...
    I'm starting to get burnt out. I keep slipping back into FR on the GBA, I haven't finished the other GBA games too like LG and R/S/E!

Work would be in the way of my time, 40+ hours of my week to be precise. That's a good thing though. I don't like to sit for hours on end on the same game, I'd like to have the urge to play it if you know what I mean? haha

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I bought my 3DS system a year before these games were revealed. I knew that new Pokémon games were going to be announced for this console eventually, so I bought it for not having to go through the trouble of buying one when they are finally released. d:

When I get my hands on either Pokémon X or Pokémon Y, I probably won't be doing anything special. I'll just spend my time training my Pokémon and exploring the region.

Years
  • 1. basically i'm planing to buy the XL first and foremost for the pokemon Y, but there are other game that i would like to play as well.

2. for starters just play it with another friend.

3. i work as a lifeguard in a very small pool, so nothing really limits my gameplay time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2016
    Yes. I feel like the 3DS is only going to be used for Pokemon.

Once I bring the game home, I will probably "try" to pace myself from totally drowning myself in the game. Most Likely be geeking out the first couple days.

Yeah, a ton of things that are going to get in the way of playing the new game but priorities first.. Game play wins!

Years
  • Hey, so I (for aome strange reason) like to read what other PokéFans like to do on the day of the release. So here are a few questions to those who are picking Pokémon X or Y!

1. Have you bought a 3DS just for the new Pokémon game?
    2. What do you plan on doing when you get home with the game in your possession i.e Make a playthrough for youtube?
    3. Is there anything in the way of your playtime like school?

Personally i have just now gotten around to buying a 3DS XL (white). I plan on going and getting the game and then just putting all of my hours into the game for a few weeks because you know, eating and sleeping is for the weak.

1. I purchased a 3DS last year but it's games like this that make me glad I have one.

2. I plan on soft-resetting for a shiny starter at least for a little bit.

3. Nothing will keep me from playing this... Nothing!

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    1. No, i bought 3ds XL 5 months ago for monster hunter 3 ultimate or maybe if pokemon xy announced it first i say yes.
    2. i Just play the heck out of it.
    3. yea, work..it's 8hours job straight monday to friday and and 4hours on saturday. And it's not funny.. :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • 1. I plan to buy bundle of 3DS with one game.
    2. Just speed through the game as always.
    3. Well... obviously school but I can play on lectures. Maybe also Persona 4 Golden if I won't have finished it by then =D

Nakala Pri

1. Getting a 3Ds XL for my B-day. EXCITE!

2. I don't make play-through's, just reviews.

3. Not much, just the fact I don't want to ruin my eyes so I take a lot of breaks.

Can't wait for Pokemon X/Y! :D

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • The game comes out while I'm in school. I'm going to take me sweeeet time finishing story mode. I usually take a month exactly, but because of how busy school will be, I'll probably finish story mode on January 1st. (Like, what, 2.5 months?)

Years
  • I've had my 3DS XL since December last year, got it even before the games were revealed. As for when I'll get X and Y, it'll probably be Christmas because even though my birthday is in October, it's like 11 days before the release (boo hoo) so yeah have to go for December again like I did with my last games, Black 2 and White 2. I'll probably get both versions as well, but my main version will lie in which version exclusives I prefer. And I'm usually a stay at home girl with no school interruption so expect me playing the games a lot.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • 1. I have had my 3DS since last Christmas, anticipating the Pokemon series to finally jump to the 3D era. Though, I wish I could've waited. The XY Limited edition 3DS XL releases 3 days after my birthday and I could've gotten that instead DX. But, alas, I digress.

2. 24 Hour Day and night straight play through the game. Nothing else than that...

3. Nope! Last day of class is exactly on the day XY releases and I'm so stoked for it. ><

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    1. I bought a launch 3DS, so I'm covered :p

2. I take my sweet time with games in general. I take months with pokemon games. I don't like to rush things. ATM I am re-playing zelda TP on gamecube and I'm 45 hours in but that was over several months. I like to play it on and off. Few hours here, few hours there ect. I can't just sit there until complete. Don't know if its my ADD thing or what though....:s plus I like to do other things, like go out with friends and watch anime/Internet so that contributes into my play time too.

3. I just graduated uni in June and applied to do further study next year. So I am freeeeee for a good while until next year. ^_^

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • 1.I got an 3DS for christmas for luigi's mansion 2
    2.take the game slowly for once
    3.Babysitting my 3 an 8 nephews who would be off school on half term.

Last edited:

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I got a 3DS just because I wanted to keep up with the times but mostly because I knew the next Pokémon games would be for 3DS and you got me confused if you think I'm going to be left behind ;P
    When I get the game, I plan on playing it until sparks start flying from my head.
    School is of course getting in the way but it shouldn't be that horrible. I can play after school.

Back