• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What are your plans?

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    1. nope i'll be getting the pokmone Y 3ds soon needed a new since my last one i sold lol

2.just play game :D

3.just work and college lol and sleep and ps3 ahah

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Pretty much bought my 3DS just for this. I managed to get a limited edition Zelda one refurbished from Gamestop, so that was exciting. I will keep my eye out for other games I like as well (and of course have my old DS games too) but for now, just will be using it for Pokemon.

I will be jumping right in to play, but I play reeeeally slowly. I'm 120 hours in on a Platinum playthrough right now and don't even have 8 badges yet... -_-

Life, haha. I work full-time, which obviously cuts my playtime way down, though I can play on lunch breaks & stuff. Outside of work, my boyfriend is pretty understanding of video game binges, but I don't want to ignore him completely for days on end!

Years
  • 1. Have you bought a 3DS just for the new Pokémon game?

I bought my 3DS XL some months after they announced the games, I wanted a 3DS and I love the XL because of the big screens. :)

2. What do you plan on doing when you get home with the game in your possession i.e Make a playthrough for youtube?

Well, the game is going to come to my house, since I pre-ordered it online lol I'll just wait for it while walking around the house in excitement.
    I'll just look at the box, the booklets inside and then I will start the game. :) I won't look at playthroughs unless I get stuck somewhere.

3. Is there anything in the way of your playtime like school?
    Sadly, yes , but I always play the game really slow so it will last more. I wanna explore every city very carefully.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    1. I brought a unstable 3DS for €85,- couple of months back and fixed a couple of days later so I have already owned the console for quite some time.

2. Just playing the game to my heart's content, I guess? Making playthroughs are a drag.

3. Yeah an annoying sister a talkactive mother and a dog on speed pills. But my abilities to ignore all that are quite capable.

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2013
    I got my 3DS and Black 2 for 5 bucks :) sweet. I plan to pre-order Y because my Gamestop gives a free Shiny Diagla with any pre-order. Oh and I forgot to mention, I will finally use my beloved Miltank on my team.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • 1. Nah, I already bought one not long after the release date of the 3DS.
    2. Originally I was going to buy a 3DS capture card intime for the release of Pokémon X & Y, but I decided not to and just enjoy playing freely.
    3. Luckily not yet, I've got College but that is just one evening a week so hopefully it shouldn't interrupt the game all that much.

Years
  • I already have a 3DS so whoot. :D But I'll definitely try to get the game on release day; going to pre-order this time around. Thankfully the 12th of October is a Saturday so not much to get in the way of playing, haha.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    1. Have you bought a 3DS just for the new Pokémon game?
    I did, however at the time, X/Y wasn't announced, I bought it last summer, but I expected Gen 6's announcement at some point.
    2. What do you plan on doing when you get home with the game in your possession i.e Make a playthrough for youtube?
    Playing through it, I want to just enjoy it, not sure about an LP, I've never done one of those before.
    Not right now, however I would like to have a job sooner or later which takes away from play time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    1. Not yet. Gonna buy it this month. :D
    2. Maybe.
    3. Yes collage. Last year I used to finish at 2:30pm now this year I'll finish at 5:30pm :'(

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • I bought my 3DS for X and Y, but i will also play other games.
    When i get the game i'm going to play it and i will not be looking at pokemon video's/forums to avoid spoilers.
    college might get in the way a little but knowing me i will just sleep less

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • Hey, so I (for aome strange reason) like to read what other PokéFans like to do on the day of the release. So here are a few questions to those who are picking Pokémon X or Y!

Personally i have just now gotten around to buying a 3DS XL (white). I plan on going and getting the game and then just putting all of my hours into the game for a few weeks because you know, eating and sleeping is for the weak.

1) I am getting the 3ds XL X/Y Limited Edition Blue.
    I have held off purchasing a 3ds until they released a new pokemon game. Core pokemon game.
    2) Play the hell out of pokemon x or y, I'm getting both but will only play through 1 at a time.
    3) Gosh darn work is in my way. Also life. And then things. But I'm pretty good at stealing time to sink into my pokemon!

Years
  • 1. I bought a pink 3DS XL a few months ago. I originally had the special Zelda edition 3DS but I had to get an XL after playing my little brother's. I'm getting Pokémon X.
    2. My little brothers and I haven't played a pokémon game together since FireRed and LeafGreen. For some reason they lost interest. A few of them played some of the other generations but didn't seem too serious about them. We plan on having a little get together on the day of the game release and exchanging starter pokémon until we all have all three of the new ones. I'm not sure how long that will take plus there are the additional three from the professor. We may end up just playing together if the game doesn't allow trading early on like some previous games.
    3. I have to work until 1pm on the day the game comes out so I won't get the game until at least 1:25 but that won't stop me from playing it the rest of the day. I'm really hoping for a midnight release of the game so I can have it earlier.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • Well, I pre-ordered the games so I won't actually be getting the games until about a week after their release date. But I can guarantee once I get them I will be logging in as many hours as I can manage to get away with!! lol

I do have a full time job so obviously I can't play all day every day (that would be too excessive anyway. lol)

I am purchasing a 3DS XL for the sole purpose of being able to play these games. I was going to try and wait until the Special Edition one went on sale with Xerneas and Yveltal on it but I don't see it available for pre-order on Amazon and since I have a credit card with amazon, that's the only way I'm going to be able to get my hands on a 3DS at all. I'm going to wait and see still, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to wind up with just a regular colored 3DS XL. (I guess it's the cheaper option anyway. lol)

Years
  • 1. Have you bought a 3DS just for the new Pokémon game?
    I purchased the Original Black 3DS on the day it was released (along with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Starfox 64 3D), but last year I upgraded to the Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS XL because it's amazing and I wanted a 3DS XL. I knew that the next Pokémon game would be released on the 3DS, but that wasn't the only reason that I wanted a 3DS - there are just an unbelievable amount of great games for this stunning console.

2. What do you plan on doing when you get home with the game in your possession?
    I will be getting both Pokémon X & Pokémon Y two days earlier (October 10th) due to certain connections within my retailer (I always get games one or two days earlier), so I will most likely make an unboxing video and then video the introduction up to getting your first Pokémon or something along those lines. But I'll likely be playing it non-stop once I get it in my impatient hands!

I am actually a high school teacher and this will no doubt get in the way of playtime, but most of my students have already told me that they plan on battling and trading with me at some point - haha. (I'm only 23 - so it isn't as sad as you might think!) :P

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • 1. Have you bought a 3DS just for the new Pokémon game? Originally, no. I got my 3DS XL before I knew X and Y was coming out.
    2. What do you plan on doing when you get home with the game in your possession i.e Make a playthrough for youtube? Nah. I usually just play for myself. However, I have already preordered Pokemon Y at Gamestop, like I do with all of my pokemon games. ^_^
    3. Is there anything in the way of your playtime like school? Not really. I'm not in school or have a job. Personal reasons there. Anyway, the only that'd get in the way is my writing. :x

Years
  • 1. No. I had at least one 3DS console since the launch day (or close to that, I guess)
    2. Um... play it?
    3. College. I'll probably start playing during winter break if I don't apply to any winter classes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    Son of a duck, i missed the entire point of this thread.

Yes, before getting one i felt like emulators weren't enough. I only played with ROMS and felt like i never actually owned those pokemon because you can't use them to battle online which is what i really wanted so i saved some money and got myself a 3DS and Black and White 2 to entertain myself while i whait :P.

2. What do you plan on doing when you get home with the game in your possession i.e Make a playthrough for youtube? Just play that dem thing. I can't whait to see with my own eyes the Kalos region!

Is there anything in the way of your playtime like school?Definetly school. But that's the way life has to be...

Years
  • I'm really looking forward to this game :) I did buy a 3DS XL purely for this game, although if I have money I'll throw it at other games that are worth my time too (any recommendations to tide me over?).

I was thinking of doing a playthrough but maybe after I have played through it one time. I want to play through it slowly and enjoy it because I will most likely play on commutes to Uni and Work. So excited :D

Back