• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I did it!

After a long fight and putting it asleep twice with my togekiss, I started using timer balls caus they were getting better then ultra balls and after downing the hp just a bit more I eventually cought it.
    (that's platinum ofc)

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    This Giritina was a complete MONSTER!!! It took 20 Ultra Balls, 10 Pokeballs (just for fun to see if I could actually catch it that way) and 27 Dusk balls, Which costed alot of in-game cash... I was about to catch it with a Master Ball, I had only 1 more Dusk Ball, used it, and captured it finally after two an a half hours! Funny Enough, while I found this thread and was typing this, I was listening to Giritina's theme on my Computer!:P

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I actually caught it using the Luxury Ball. XD

... What? I came packin' with 99 Ultra Balls and 99 Dusk Balls. I just ran out and there was only my Luxury Ball left...

Years
    I wasn't able to keep it alive, so I just ended up using a quick ball and SRing until it gets caught. Now I have all legendaries from platinum except shaymin and arceus caught without using my master ball.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I didn't have any Dusk Balls when I went to the distortion world, so I tried catching Giratina with Ultra Balls. After over an hour of failed attempts, I ended up using my Master Ball out of frustration.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I just caught him last night using a dusk ball. The first one I threw.
    I confused and poisoned it with umbreon, then when it was at about 30-40 hp(like 6 red pixels of hp) I threw it, and caught him. I was VERY surprised I caught it that easy.

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    I used a Master Ball, I was tired when I reached Giratina and wanted to catch him so I could go to sleep.

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
    Years
    I think I used a dusk ball, my thirtieth after resetting about eight times. TOTALLY WORTH IT

Phaux

Legend Hunter
    Years
    I actually got Giratina on my third dusk ball...
    Took more ultra balls to get Palkia.

Years
    I actually caught Giratina with the first ball I threw (an Ultra Ball). Mind you, that was after a lot of resetting due to knocking him out on accident or using all my balls.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2010
    A timer ball. lol.
    After it went through 30 ultra balls, 10 dusk balls and 6 other timer balls I was surprised.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I caught Giratina with a Dusk Ball, like the 17th or 18th.
    after resetting like 80 times for a decent nature.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    On Diamond I caught it with an Ultra Ball, I believe. I stumbled upon it by accident, really. I was just exploring and was like "WHOA!"

Back