• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • Master Ball, Ultra Ball, Heal Ball, Great Ball, and Poke Ball. I caught it many-a times, since I kept forgetting to charge my battery, or save. :/

Master Ball was the last attempt, and the Heal Ball was the first.

(Don't feel bad about the Great/Poke Ball, I used up dozens of Ultra Balls, and Dusk Balls, and it aggravated me each time. You should have seen some of the times we fought, and I lost, or it fainted.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I caught it with a Dusk Ball, I believe. I don't remember how many tries it took me to catch it, but I don't think it took me too long.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    my bro is a dumb prick. I have been lmfao!!! he brought out his houndoom lv 60 and used crunch and killed it instantly. I'm still lmfao. i could see that even he did'nt expect that but because he was trying to act cool infront of everyone he acted as if he intended that. hahaha

Nightrider434343

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Let's see...It took me about 60 ultra balls to capture Giratina...along with every other legendary(Except Rayquaza, I used 80 ultra balls, then a master ball..)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • On my latest playthrough on Platinum, I've caught all the legendaries with a good ol' PokéBall, so yes, a regular PokéBall is what I used. However, first playthrough on Platinum I used a Quick Ball and an Ultra Ball on Pearl.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • That was a Dusk Ball for the first time (but my battery died and I wanted to commit suicide)
    Then , unbelievably , I caught him in a PokeBall .
    Yes , it went like this :
    Abomasnow used Ice Beam !
    It's Super Effective
    Critical Hit ! (he had one single fricking line , so it was total luck)
    Giratina froze ! (now this ... this is LUCK)
    Seco threw his last DuskBall !
    Giratina broke free (oh sh*t ...)
    Seco threw Pokeball !
    *catching song* Giratina was caught !

Yeah , I had a good laugh with my bro' afterwards ...

Years
  • I kept accidentally killing him, so eventually I learned that Dusk Balls have a higher catch rate than Ultra Balls, so I bought a bunch of those and used them. It took a couple tries, but eventually I got it.

Mirokarosu

✮:: B e a u t i f u l !
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    At first I was trying to catch it with something other than a Master Ball. However, it started to not work out, so after about two attempts, I went and caught it with one of my few Masterballs, that my friend gave me. (legit or not, it saved me from throwing my already broken DS somewhere. =3= )

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I restarted my Platinum. But I caught it with an extra Masterball that I got from my friend. He gave me like 10 xD.
    But this time, Im going to try to catch him with a dusk ball, or other than a Masterball.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I used my Masterball in Platinum. Seriously, though. Giratina was being very difficult. I went through three! Three sessions! of using 70+ Ultra/Dusk balls with it having like four HP left. And It wouldn't let me catch it! >.<

Same here! But oddly enough managed to get it in an ultra ball in Pearl Version.

Miria

A wild Miria appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    Since I don't have masterballs to waste... I actually managed to catch him in a normal Ultra ball. :P

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Since I don't have masterballs to waste... I actually managed to catch him in a normal Ultra ball. :P

I kind of wished I's saved my Masterball in Pearl version for Crescellia and Mesprit, and although I ported more masterballs in from Fire Red, I still managed to catch crescellia and mesprit in ultra balls, by trapping them with mean look! I had dusknoir learn it from the tutor especially and then over-wrote it afterwards.

Giratina was sooo much harder to catch in platinum than he was in pearl tho!

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • I only had like, 3 dusk balls, so after they ran out, I used about 40 ultra balls until I finally caught it.

Keffin

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I caught mine with a masterball from Fire Red :D I got a question for u. Where u got ur trainer card thing?

Back