• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What been the best region so far?

Your best region?

• sinnoh

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • hoenn

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • johto

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • kanto

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    ah, i couldnt choose between kanto and johto. they seem linked to me, since teyy were both in g/s/c, my favorite of the series

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Kanto. Maybe because it was the original one.

And beware that talking about the 2nd generation is not the same as talking about Johto. Many cool 2nd generation Pokémon were caught in Kanto, while Johto actually had mostly 1st generation Pokémon (like Lickitung and Jynx)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Johto was the most interesting, game-wise.. but I didn't care too much for the Johto
    season of the anime.

But its hard to choose a favorite with the anime..
    probably have to stick with good ol' Kanto.

Game-wise, Johto and Hoenn tie.

Years
  • hoenn! it rocks! i love the sea and hoenn is full of it and unlike johto actuly has ALOT of pokes that apper in it, and realy good pokes like elecrike,ralts,aron can be found at the begining of the game so i voted hoenn, HOENN FTW!!!

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I'd say its a tie between Sinnoh and Johto. Cant forget the good times in G/S/C and there was also great gameplay in D/P. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    Jhoto it was just a very good idea, first real continent change, two new types all sorts of spread out types of Pokemon in the wild and lots of cool Pokemon.

Marsh-Stomp

My Marshtomp Shall Crush You!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2011
    My Favorite would have to be Hoenn, both fot the Anime and Game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Sinnoh has awful design. Setting the repeated, boring, storyline elements aside, there is only 2 or 3 uses of Surf. Sinnoh is at least 90% land, with a gargantuan mountain right smack in the middle that shouldn't nearly be as big as it actually is when you compare the short amount of time you spend in there.

I liked Hoenn's water aspect. Most of the third generation was water, while Sinnoh is all about land. I think water evens out and honestly, makes environments look better. Hoenn had deserts, oasis', volcano's with ash, a city of ice, and tall mountains and tons of awesome terrain. Sinnoh's was all road and gravel. How boring.

Johto has many gems as well, in terms of terrain, but everyone knows that Johto had the best storyline out of every game. Plus, Kanto as well. Epic win.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • I caught in between Johto and Hoenn. I can't decide between awesome names or crazy duel types. Awesome names. Crazy duel types.

I'm going to go with both.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I currently like the Shinou region best... that's probably due to the current play of D/P. But Kanto was always a favourite of mine, especially when it was remade as FR/LG.

Back