• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What can you say about the anime ''Naruto''?

Zet

Years
    What can I say? It pretty much sucked more then anything besides Lucky Star, nothing can compare to Lucky Star's crapness

on that note: Naruto will never get off filler

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    LIES, LIES, FILTHY LIES.

One Piece is light-hearted fun, doesn't fall into the cliches Naruto does, and the true shounen successor to Dragonball.

<Bangs head on desk.>

You've got a Huckleberry Finn wannabe kid with the powers of Mr. Fantastic, an emo swordsman, as well as a hillbilly pirate voiced by a Don Knotts soundalike, all to the theme of being pirates looking for a treasure called One Piece (which is probably at the end of La-Mulana's Hell Temple). You don't get much more cliche than that.

Second, if One Piece is supposed to be the 'true' successor to Dragonball, then Anime has officially hit rock bottom, and we've now entered the Great Cartoon Crash of 2008 (and should probably stop watching Anime). One Piece has no connections to Dragonball, outside of cute talking animal mascots and long drawn out flashbacks.

If anything, Naruto is more of a successor to Dragonball (or a ripoff of Goku if you will), but that's not saying much. You've got the orange outfit (like Goku's Budokai outfit), and you've got the red chakra (kind of like the Kaiyoken) AND you've got the Fox Demon (kind of like the giant ape). The only things we need now are flight and a Super Saiyan-esque transformation. Wow, that's scary...

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    naruto used to be good, but it just sucks now.
    shippuden has ruined ninja anime for me.
    *sigh* i gotta find more anime shows now.
    <Bangs head on desk.>

You've got a Huckleberry Finn wannabe kid with the powers of Mr. Fantastic, an emo swordsman, as well as a hillbilly pirate voiced by a Don Knotts soundalike, all to the theme of being pirates looking for a treasure called One Piece (which is probably at the end of La-Mulana's Hell Temple). You don't get much more cliche than that.

Second, if One Piece is supposed to be the 'true' successor to Dragonball, then Anime has officially hit rock bottom, and we've now entered the Great Cartoon Crash of 2008 (and should probably stop watching Anime). One Piece has no connections to Dragonball, outside of cute talking animal mascots and long drawn out flashbacks.
    In one piece, the objective always stays the same, not when you have to keep doing different missions. They have to go to different places and go into many dangers, while fighting strong leaders. not only that, but they can stretch out a certain series without screwing it all up. Naruto just takes place in a hidden village where you do missions to get your rank up or get stronger.One piece has great jokes and can repeat them without looking repetetive(to me at least), while naruto's only jokes involve sticking fingers into someones behind and launching them 10 feet in the air.
    But honestly, you should respect his opinion, because its only opinion. It isn't fact, wasn't fact, and will never be fact, because everyone has to agree with him to be fact.
    i think one piece is better, but thats my opinion.
    but nothing is dragon ball's successor unless it is really successful and is closely related to dragon ball.
    that means it needs a transforming kid, a weak army, and a giant dragon that grants your wish.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I can watch it but I am not a big fan like alot of people are.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I could never get into it. I've seen a few episodes of the anime and I've read a volume or two of the manga, but I never really liked it. The anime wasn't very good, in my opinion, and although I thought the manga was okay, I just... couldn't get into it. >:

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    I used to like the series, but the filler is god awful and part 2 seems to get worse and worse. It's to the point of just being sloppy now, especially where Naruto himself is concerned.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I can say that I've heard crap about it all over the internet. From the fans being referred to as "Narutards" especially the ones who wear the headbands to the ones who refuse to admit it isn't a great series.

I honestly haven't watched it. Ninja's bore me. I rather watch Lucky Star.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    What can I say about Naruto anime well.
    The fillers after the Sasuke vs. Naruto fight are lame.Speed watchs through them to get to Shippuuden which is good until the filler with Sora but now with the Hidan and Kakuzu arc its good.Prefers the manga over the anime though.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The Naruto animé:

Well first of all, it has too much fillers that can take anyone completeley out of the series (The same reason I stopped watching).

Then, the fights aren't really good. The main reason for me is because it's really predictable (Just like in Dragon Ball Z. When they charge up, you are there for a while).

The characters are too streotypical for my liking. Hyperboy, Emo guy, fangirl, pervert, fat guy, shy girl, and co. just can't cut it.

I might consider watching Shippuuden if they were to improve on these aspects.

Assolute-Amore

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
    Years
    I like Naruto alot, but after the 6th box set, I stopped watching. I still like it, but I just stopped. =/

and it has alot of hot guys XD

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    OMG I so hate Naruto and Narutards. The fighting is terrible, the massive amount of fillers and OMG all the cloning and systemetic gang rape and abuse of the words shinobi and ninja. I truly did watch all of naruto and the shippude aps to 59 but that's only to keep on being able to store evdence for myself. I believe I've seen enough. It sucks! Yes I hate naruto. And you must hate me as a naruto fan for burning your time. B) R.I.S. Narutards...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I agree that the fillers are probably the most annoying and time wasting thing known to man, but that's why we they let us watch episodes online. I personally like the anime when it deals with the story's main plot.

Back