• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What cheers you up?

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Usually I lighten up when I get to share my thoughts to people, or by going on 9Gag, Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube. Those websites cheer me up a lot 'cause ninety-nine percent of the things there are hilarious.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    When I'm feeling down jut small acts of kindness can cheer me up. The good acts that people do help me restore my faith in humanity, and that can cheer me up. Also, just talking with friends, laughing and having fun can make me feel better. Things that keep my mind off of the bad time I'm having helps. Watching motivational videos help as well, as cheesy at it may be.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    Well, today's Doctor Who 50th Anniversary episode for one.

Other than that, conversing with my friends, sleeping, treating myself to any food, really.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It depends on how down I am, usually I can chill just by playing a good (nonstressful) video game, eating some good food, or watching a movie or show. Lately I've been watching this children's anime called Folktales from Japan on Crunchyroll and the little episodes on it are so damn innocent and cute that it just takes me back to more simpler times, haha :b

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • nothing ever really cheers me up (been struggling with depression for almost 5 years.) i usually just sleep it off or do nothing but mope about it lol.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Make others feel bad.

I will ransack the fridge and eat all the food in there before being scolded by my parets for eating all the good stuff which makes me upset so I eat more food. Thus the beginning of a vicious cycle. I have no way to release anger really so I eat or play a game where I can hurt people like kick the boss.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I rarely feel down...even if I do feel down it mainly because of bad marks or something xD
    let's see...i just play on my comp or watch some comedy movies xD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Regular down? I usually listen to a song, most likely "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie. That song holds a lot of nice memories. Ironic, I guess.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • What usually cheers me up is getting likes on Facebook statuses. I feel validated as a person.

You are not alone.

Usually, a bit of time alone with music will cheer me up if the situation is to do with other people. If I'm feeling lonely or feel like some self-pity, I usually call up a friend to talk to and that usually works for me. My mood tends to fix itself up regardless, though.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Watching a good movie or favorite television show is a nice distraction and usually cheers me up if I'm down. Otherwise, I enjoy listening to music, reading an engaging book, going online (twitter hey! PC hey! tumblr hey!), and talking to friends to help lighten my mood and get me thinking of something else, something better.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    There's a really old show from like 2004-2006, called X-Man, that I habitually watch when I'm down. I don't even realize it sometimes. I just go look it up on youtube and laugh until I'm happy again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Whenever I feel depressed, I usually go and converse with friends—whether it be face-to-face, over the phone, or via IMs. I don't necessarily talk to them about my depression or anything (well, at least most of the time); I talk to them about what whatever they feel like. Talking is one of the things that make me feel calm (which is sort of ironic, as I'm a really shy person), and as time goes by, I start to feel happier. d:

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Roleplaying. I put so much concentration into being someone else that it's hard to remember that I was upset and then I'm already having fun.

Oh, and My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic. I love me some ponies. That show got me through some rough times in my life with all its color and cheer.

Back