• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What 'class' are you?

What 'class' are you?

• Poor class

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Middle class

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Rich class

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • We all know there are three 'classes' of life: the poor class, the middle class, and the rich class. Which class do you think do you belong to?

I believe I belong to the middle class, because I'm not poor, yet altogether, not super rich (I'm getting there, though. Just watch ;))XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    96% of the members here aren't in any class individually, since they don't have jobs. There really isn't much thinking about defining what you are, though. These labels are really straight forward - if you work in a blue collar job / one that pays hourly part-time, you're considered working class (or as you put it, the poor class), if you work in a white collar job, you're considered middle class, if you work in a high paying blue collar job, or a low paying white collar job, you're typically considered a lower middle class, and if you have immense wealth, you're in the 1-2% of the population mostly made up of entrupeneurs, politicians, CEOs, lawyers, etc., you're part of the upper class with the other billionaires.

But if you were to consider my family, however, and asking what we fall into as a family, I'd say my family is a lower middle class family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I(my parents) used to be upper middle class... now I'm technically homeless, although I do live with relatives, so I still have a roof over my head.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • 96% of the members here aren't in any class individually, since they don't have jobs.

Wow, aren't I special then? Me with my not being in school and working full time!

As it is right now I barely get by. I've been living on my own since I was 19, and off and on even before then, even in high school. My parents, mainly my dad and I, never got along very well. I went to a very expensive school, but that's pretty much it. My parents are upper middle class, and I am **** dirt poor. Right now I get a lot of my food from food shelves, and work most of my time away.

I guess I was always poor, even when living with my parents. I had two jobs in high school. (I worked in the kitchen at one nursing home, and I worked at another one as a Memory Care Unit Activities Director(That was GOOD money there)) My parents often kicked me out and I walked the streets and slept on busses and stuff; I was too stubborn to accept handouts. No, I'm not making it up. All of it made me who I am, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. It made me a person who is more grateful for what I have, I'm tough, street smart, and a better person for not having been waited on hand and foot. I've worked HARD for everything I have. Right now I work mainly as a Security Officer; I was an EMT but I can't afford the reregistration material. I was working to join the USAF, but at the moment I want to get my life a little more together first.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Working class. It's just me and my dad and we don't struggle to get by at all, but most of what my dad earns goes to the necessities. All spare money goes to internet, vidya and beer; manly man lifestyle. But we're having to move back in with my grandma, because she can't afford to live alone and our house has to be sold; so that will all probably change when we all live together.

My mum on the other hand has no money, but WELFARE BRITAIN. Plus she gets a lot of money from my dad. His income is actually that of a middle class worker, but with two mortgages, paying my mum and then paying to keep the house from falling apart, there's not much left to spare.

Also your class doesn't just depend on your income; lifestyle, living conditions and what you personally identify with are just as important.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    My family and just, we and stuff are probably lower middle class. Trouble to get by occasionally etc but we are managing. Kinda!

Years
  • Like its been said above it's called working class, not poor class. Working class just means that you don't have a lot, if any, disposable income.
    I gues I'd have to say that right now my family is bouncing between Working class and lower middle class. The main earner in our houe hold recently lost his job so at the moment were having to rely on everyone else in our family.
    I personally would be working class seeing as I'm paid minimum wage and don't work full time. But I'm still in education so everythings pretty normal.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'd say we're upper middle class. We have four incomes and we live in a very upper-middle-class kind of way. Like, we don't really want for anything and we have cable and decent internet etc. Dad's a cop and the rest of us work in retail, but I guess when it all totals up, that equates to upper middle class lol.

I don't know why, but answering this thread makes me very uncomfortable lmao. I hate talking about money because I think it makes me sound like a jerk.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • "Poor class." Yeah... Not really the correct way to define it.

My family are working class. If my parents want or need something, it generally has to be saved up for, for some time - or there's sort of a 'pot' of money for certain things that are bought regularly (alcohol, in this house). I'm glad for it I suppose, I want for things less and I watch my money more carefully. I cringe at paying more than £20 for clothes.

Years
  • My family is upper-middle class, though I'm a university student living away from home and I've got literally no money to spare apart from what I've previously saved up to travel overseas with (and even that's starting to get used up), so I'll say I'm working/poor class at the moment.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • my family is of upper-middle class standing. i mean, my parents haven't provided my little sister and i with those expensive gaming systems (aside from our laptop, of course) and forever 21 clothing, but they've managed to send us to very good private schools during our elementary and high school years (now the load's been lightened a bit since i'm going to a state university now), and we never have to worry about our next meal. my parents, my mother especially, believe that even though you can afford to spend for luxuries, you should never spend for more than necessary.

Last edited:

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • My family is in the upper class, and the family incomes come from my two parents. I'm lucky to have everything I need, and I'm grateful for it.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Definitely working class/lower middle class. We don't have a lot of disposable income, but we somehow get by each month with a little extra sometimes...

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • My family is in neither of the ones stated, I would say that we are Working class because we don't get much, but we can afford what we need.

Back