• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Console and game got you in to the world of video gaming?

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I was wondering, what got you all into the world of gaming? For me, it was an N64 as the first console I played and Mario kart 64 as the first game. My grandmother has an N64 (and a NES and SNES) so I can relive my childhood.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I don't quite remember. I remember the Gamecube. But I heard stuff about Super Mario 64, and Paper Boy. Also remember getting Pokemon Crystal and a Gameboy color.

I would say the Gamecube, and Wind Waker / Mario Sunshine. While I gamed earlier then this, I wasent too fond of the experience. Left out beating Mario 64 because I don't remember it.

Years
  • The first game I remember picking up was when I was very, very young was Sonic The Hedgehog (1 and 2) for the Sega Genesis.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure I got really into gaming through PSP. Before that I was only playing Pokemon on emulators.
    But which game it was...? I believe my first games were Project Diva and Black Rock Shooter but I believe the game which made me into gamer I'm now is Persona 3 Portable.

TY

The PC got me into gaming thanks to the RTS game named C&C Tiberian Sun. I played this game for hours each day cause i liked it and i had fun with whacky units and making bases all over the map. It really was a game i could spend years on and not getting bored of it 8)

Years
  • I think my first console was either a Nintendo 64 along with a copy of Super Mario 64 or a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Yellow. I was very young at the time so I can't really remember. :P

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    My grandfather has always been computer savvy and he got me into it fairly early. Age of Empires and Huggly saves the Turtles were my first games. I dare you too google Huggly Saves the Turtles I dare you

Years
  • For me it was the GameCube with Super Smash Bros. Melee. I first played it around November or December of 2004, and I was so taken that I decided to funnel my earnings from cleaning out my (late) cats' litter boxes into a GameCube rather than an Xbox, which I vaguely wanted because my cousin had one. I owned games before that, but this was the one to really reel me in.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • It was my older brother playing Resident Evil and Final Fantasy 7 on his PlayStation 1 in my youth, that sucked me into gaming.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    For me it was a combination of Pokemon Yellow on the Game Boy Color and Grandia for the PS1.

I dare you too google Huggly Saves the Turtles I dare you

I googled it. What was my reaction supposed to be?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    GameBoy Color was one thing that got me into gaming, just like No Chance Without Zekrom. As for game, I'm not really sure about that... maybe it was Pokémon Blue, haha. Either that, or it could be Donkey Kong Country.

Years
  • The first one I remember ever playing was the Game Boy Advance, which I begged to play with my friends on the bus since I didn't have one. And then I finally got one of my own years later in high school, and the first game that hooked me was Pokemon Leaf Green :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • For me, it was the NES, along with Super Mario Bros.! I also played on the Playstation 1, and played... various games there; it was fun, and I became interested on gaming those days. :3

Years
  • The Original Xbox and Halo: Combat Evolved, I was around 5 years old when that came out! I'm about to turn 19 years old and have not put a controller down since, I am completely addicted to the world of Halo and other games because of this!

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Hm... Well, my first system was a Gameboy Color, and first game on that system was Lego Island 2, which was honestly not a good game. No, the game that got me into gaming as a whole was The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (DX). I loved that game (although I didn't actually BEAT it until last year, mind you) and it got me into Nintendo and all of gaming now.

Back