• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Console and game got you in to the world of video gaming?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • SNES and Super Metroid.

Funny, I never even heard of the game, let alone ask for it, but it was in the bundle of games that came with the SNES I inherited from my uncle once he got married circa 1996 and I've been a huge Metroid fan since, and when Samus became a regular in the Super Smash Bros. series, it cemented my status as a Nintendo loyalist.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I deffinetly remember getting started in gaming with the N64 and the original playstation. I also got started on gaming with whatever my brothers had.

Years
  • W-Wait, FPS at the age of five? o.O Wow, you got some childhood there, man o.O

Aha yus! I loved playing video games when I was younger, I could never get enough of them!
    You'd always find me playing some sort of game, rather it was Spyro, Crash or Halo! ( Mostly Halo )

14 years later and I still play video games! I've been to mid-night launches for Halo 3, Halo 4, Grand Theft Auto V and Battlefield 4! Halo 4 was the best!

But yep! Gaming is a massive part of my life!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Super Nintendo and Super Mario World. It is still my favorite game today. It was kinda backwards for me because I got into the SNES first then the NES. I became a huge SNES gamer when I was in elementary school, and later on I moved on to the N64.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • Memory time!
    First console was a play station, when I was 3 I broke my arm after taking a dramatic fall from my scooter, so all I could do all day was eat chip sandwiches, watch monsters Inc and play my dad's video games. My favourite was this one called dogs life, you had to wander around as this dog, collecting bones and befriending other dogs in competitions to help save your dog girlfriend Daisy. It was pretty hardcore.
    Since then I've loved all video games of all shapes and sizes, I love playing them with my cousins and dad up to like 3am, and the nostalgic smell of unwrapping new video games, it all originated from those happy days, except when I actually destroyed my arm... that was less happy. Ever since I've loved video games in all shapes and forms :)

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    The Nintendo 64 was my first console, it came with Glover and I believe it was a bundle, although I don't exactly remember since it was so long ago :P

I think what got me into gaming in general was Hey you Pikachu and Pokemon Stadium 2. I just loved those games so much back then, they basically are the main reason I still love Pokemon (:

Years
  • For me, it was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive). Considering the game's nearly as old as I am, it still holds up really well, and I'd consider it my favorite game of all time. Heck, I've owned a version of it on at least 3 separate consoles (original + PS2 & DS), and I still play it at least once a month on the computer, too.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Nintendo Gameboy with Super Mario Land, I was probably 2 years old when I started playing it!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I believe for me it was the NES - and the first game I played (I think I was about 4 years old) was Mario and the Duck Hunting one (I forgot the title of the game).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I grew up a handheld console kid - mainly because we only had one TV and my parents liked to watch TV.

Anyway, my first console was the GameBoy Color (the purple-clear one!) and I bought it with the game Pokemon Red. :)

Yukari

The first game I ever player was Super Mario Bros. on the NES. (Because what else?)
    Believe It or not at the time my favorite game was Deadly Towers, yeah probably the most universally hated game was my favorite game, and I was good at it too, I was only 5 years old and I've actually gotten as far a the devil's staircase. Good job If you even know what that is...

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • ^^^^ nice post count

N64 and a tie between LOZ: Majora's mask, or OoT, and kario party 64, mom didn't allow us to play Pokemon becauae of the religion. . .

Years
  • The good old PS1 with Crash Bandicoot. It was what introduced me to video gaming, and I can still never get past certain levels on that game in general lol.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I had a Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, DS and GBA, however I'd say the PS3 with Mw2 really got me into gaming, because I started putting a lot more time into it and started doing a lot more online things with it that helped me progress to where I am today.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • It was my uncle's Gameboy colour and Pokemon Blue that got me into gaming. I hadn't seen anything like it at the time, a whole world in the palm of your hands. I was immediately hooked to the thing, constantly asking him if I could borrow it (although to this day I have never actually beaten Pokemon blue).

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • My gameboy Advance with a Mario game is what introduced me to gaming. Kingdom Hearts for the PS2 is what got me really into gaming. But I didn't start exploring new types of games until I got my 3DS in 2012. :3

Back