• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What Did You Catch First?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    I caught Patrat because it was the first thing I encountered on Route 1.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    First caught a Patrat. Only because it's second-nature for me to catch the first one of a species when I see it, and I completely forgot that Black is not my main game. So said Patrat is going to be trading fodder.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I caught a Lillipup I'm pretty sure, or Patrat, but either way I caught 'em both and boxed 'em both.

Years
  • First thing I caught aside from the water monkey thing I got from that 1 dude, was um.... I can't remember if I caught the Pidove or the Blitzle first... was one or the other. :S

~Unknown

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    hmm, I don't know the english names yet, but it was that little dog.

Pidove, then Blitzle. :) Im training blitzle very hard right now.
    Oh man, I HATED training blitzle, but when he evolved I, like, fell in love with the big guy.

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years
  • I caught Lillipup, too! It's so cute, but after so many encounters it gets so old! I haven't decided my team yet! Any recommendations?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    My first catch was a Purrloin and I'm going to put this out there that it wasn't a great catch, in my opinion. XD It takes a bit of my time just trying to get it to the next level, which is not even counting the amount of times its fainted on me. After a while, they started swarming the routes (being expected since Purrloin is listed as common) and they weren't as special to notice that much anymore. This was one catch for a new generation I won't be training for my first team. :<

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
  • The first pokemon that I caught, and kept on my team is my sandile :)
    Which is now a level 47 krookodile :)

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • I haven't got the game but I'm sure I'm going to catch one of the two everyone else caught. lol
    Why doesn't the person who made this thread make it into a poll? x

~Aimay

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • My first catch was a Drilbur <3 :3
    He's awesome! I just caught him 20 minutes ago :) Definitely keeping em for the team.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • The first Pokemon I caught in Unova (which was actually the first wild encounter I had) was a Lilipup.

Back