• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
  • I put mine in the PC. I used it in my orginal Gold version so I saw no point in uses it again.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Catch it. Box it. Never look it again until I need a Pokemon to use HMs. /I'msuchaPokemonabuser;[

Seliana

Mrs Popo
    Years
  • HM Slave. Well and truly. And once I'd beaten Kanto/The Elite Four/Red, I boxed it because I had a Pidgeot who knew Fly, and taught my Lapras Surf.

...and then I convinced my baby brother that it's "WAY OSSUM U GOTTA HAZ IT" and traded it...for his Mew.

I'm destined for the Ninth Ring of Hell, I know. =D

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I usually catch it and box it forever. Either that or put it on GTS and hope I get what I'm looking for in return. I prefer the original Gyarados over the shiny one so that may be why I never have the urge to use it.

Years
  • Oh i definitely used him! I loved it :) I had a gyarados from the start who I called splash. When I caught the red one I nick named it Red Splash :) And i used the other as an hm slave!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I got the Red Gyarados, named her Ray Red and then Threw her out the window Just left her in the box and used her for the Pokealthon and to raise it to level 50 and never touched her again

:t354:TG

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • I caught it about 20 times before finding an IV spread I was okay with. Eventually I'll make it into a monster of a fighter, but for now she's safely tucked away in a box.

Gyarados - #130 (Rash)
    HP: 1 - 3
    Att: 29
    Def: 23 - 25
    SpA: 3
    SpD: 20 - 22
    Speed: 22 - 24

Years
  • I used him for Surf and Waterfall, but he was a main member of my party. I train fire/dark Pokémon, but as long as the Pokémon is coloured red, it doesn't matter to me what type they are! It's awesome. x3

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I remember getting it in my pokemon silver game.. i don't have a SS or HG game for now but in my Silver experience, I just boxed it and it never saw the light again. :)

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • It's been a long time since I've touched my Soul Silver and realized I never used my Red Gyarados; it's sitting somewhere, in one of my PC Boxes. I'm going to move him to my Pokémon White just for memory of it.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Sitting in the PC box because I had no use for it at the time or even now. But still I will transfer it over eventually.

Back