• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I use him regularly in battles, and surf with him.
    Named him Mephisto.

Bonechill

Ghost Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    Nothing really, all my pokemon were better than it when I caught it, so there was no use of it and is ow slowly decaying in a PC

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Pretty much boxed it after capture. Maybe use it for Waterfall and Whirlpool, the back in the box again.

Faeiri

Pokémon Noob
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2020
    I permaboxed mine immediately - I was already using a Gyarados.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    That Gyarados was a HM Slave for me that also acted acted as a Sacrifice for healing.

Years
  • Boxed. I usually don't like to have shinies in my team for some reason (Not that I don't love them as much as my other Pokemon! ^^). I don't really like the way Red Gyarados looks anyway.

I was borderline between "Boxed" and "HM Slave." I chose "Boxed" because I did teach it Surf and Waterfall, but I deleted Waterfall later and I teach a fair number of my Water Pokemon Surf anyway.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I go for the catch after SR'ing several times for a decent nature. After that, it's pretty much stuck in my PC Box as I never have any plans to use it on my team. By then, if I don't have a complete team of six, I usually know what I want to catch next; Gyarados isn't normally included unfortunately.

xander9

pkmn Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    red gyarados is mint i used mine and trained it. if anyone wants to battle 4th gen pls pm me i dont have either 5th gen game

Mr. Waltzie

Major Fan!
    Years
  • was thinking to add Red Gyarados into my team but after like a very long 'centuries' storing him in the 'fridge', I never bother taking him out again lol

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I keep killing it time after time after the E4 as a way to vent my frustation that certain others don't get to see shinies as much, and it certainly deserves to be reminded that it is stealing its unwarranted spotlight from others :>

Hydreizard

Seasoned Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I caught it then I used it 'till it was arond level 40. Then I boxed it and never took it out again.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
  • I did caught it and used it once or twice, then I kind-of scammed my friend by trading it with him for a Kyogre. He must've forgotten that every player encounters it, how dumb >.>. Thx to that Gya now I got Rayquaza

Back