• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What did you evolve your Eevee into?

What did you evolve your Eevee into?

• Vaporeon

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • Jolteon

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • Flareon

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    When I first played Red, I went with Jolteon, as I thought it looked the coolest (and maybe I wanted an electric type; I don't really remember). I think I went with Flareon the next time through to try out something different. I never went with Vaporeon, as I already had Blastoise as my starter.

It never occurred to me when I first played Red that I should trade all of the exclusive Pokémon back and forth with friends before evolving them at each stage (starters, fossils, eeveelutions, etc.). I don't think I actually realized that my "choice" was a permanent one with regard to those Pokémon, and I was kind of unhappy when I found that out later. I also wasn't really focused on Pokedex completion to begin with; I just wanted to beat the game with my Blastoise.

Later, however, breeding in GSC helped things, plus I could buy more Eevees at the daycare in those games, so that helped me finish off my eeveelution set (and consequently, my Pokedex) several years after I got the game.

Years
  • I was feverishly obsessed with Flareon during the Kanto era, and even though it was the weakest of the Eeveelutions, I always chose to go down the challenging road and use him. I believe it was an anime episode that made me so in love with Flateon, but I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but I digress. In my more recent playthroughs of RBY, I've gone with the speedy Jolteon. A lovely option if Raichu isn't for you! :]

Mecheon

Flamingo Flambé
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2014
    I always elected Vaporeon in my Yellow version. Water type was the oddity among Fire & Electric (being energies), so I chose Vaporeon. When I decided to take a chance on Jolteon, its late move "Pin Missile" did not do it justice. Flareon was never even a player due to Fire being the most celebrated classical element as a "Gift from the Gods."

Years
  • I chose Jolteon because I thought he had the best typing of the three and he looked much "cooler" than the other two.

Years
  • I've evolved Eevee into all three forms at some point, but I think I mostly went with Jolteon because I believed Green's Eevee evolved based on what your Eevee evolved into and wanted it to not be weak against the other two Eeveelutions. (In fact, I didn't learn it depended on if you battled him in certain places and won or lost said battles until recently.)

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Honestly my memory is very fuzzy when it comes to my Eevee from Red version, but I do know for a fact that I evolved my Eevee into the greatest Eeveelution in Yellow version.

What did you evolve your Eevee into?

;3

It was also the best option for me because Squirtle is my least favorite of the Kanto starters, so I ended up not making any use of it.
    Thus, Vaporeon became my primary Water type! No complaints here.~

Years
  • Jolteon for me. I only played the Blue/Red versions so I never started with Pikachu. I usually lacked a good lightning Pokemon so Jolteon was the choice for me.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I evolved it to Jolteon on Blue. ;) I picked Charmander, and I planned for a Lapras later on - so I just evolved my Eevee to Jolteon. On Red, I evolved to Vaporeon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    My Eeveelution always matches the version I'm playing - Vaporeon for Blue, Jolteon for Yellow, Flareon for Red.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    I replayed original Red and I got a-thinking, you can't catch Eevee in the wild nor is there a Daycare system yet, so you actually have to put a bit of thought into what to evolve it into. I chose Vaporeon because my starter was Venusaur and I was too lazy to use the advanced Rods. (Turns out, you also have the added bonus of having a strong Surf user that also learns Acid Armor.)

P.S. I taught my Vaporeon Ice Beam, making him Lance's arch-rival. :P

Again, my specialty is the fire type so I'd always evolve it into Flareon. It went with my skills and personality.

Flareon is just gorgeous. I thought it was much more good looking than Jolteon or Vaporeon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    I chose Jolteon because I thought he had the best typing of the three and he looked much "cooler" than the other two.

We agree to disagree. I thought that Flareon was the best-looking and that Jolteon and Vaporeon were kind of ugly.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • In my last Blue run, I chose Flareon because I was also completing the Dex in Yellow and it worked best for my teams in Red and Yellow. I ended up deleting Jolteon and Vaporeon because they were on my Yellow when I tried to shark a Surfing Pikachu [Do you know how long it takes to get one of those from Stadium?] after finishing the Dex. Flareon was spared because it was on Gold at the time. I also think Flareon looks so fluffy!

Ragna

I feel asleep!!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    I remember that I evolved my eevee into jolteon. I just liked the design of Jolteon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I remember I chose Vaporean because it was blue and blue was my favorite color. I was just a young kid so I never really cared about typing or balancing my team.

Years
  • Jolteon was my first eeveelution if I remember right. It helped cover a lot of bases since I didn't have any other electric types yet by that time in the game. But I've evolved it into its other forms so many times that I could very well be remembering wrong here, ahaha.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • I gave my Eevee a Water Stone so that it could protect my Venusaur from enemy fire-type Pokémon, such as Charizard, in its Vaporeon form.

Back