• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    Me: Silver
    Rival: Ginger
    Cyndaquil: Flameboy (yes I know its a crap name but it's what I called my cyndaquil on my first playthough of Silver)
    Wooper: FlipFlop
    Mareep: Volt

Years
    On my first playthrough I named myself Amber and the nicknames of my main team were Blaze the Quilava, Nyx the Umbreon, Bowie the Scizor(though I only evolved him late in Kanto), Tizy the Togekiss, Cepheus the Nidoking and Lux the shiny Lucario. I think other than Blaze the nicknames were quite good...

Can't remember what I called my rival.

I've started a new file now. I've named myself Aria this time, my rival Silver and my Cyndaquil is called Ifrit.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I called myself Luke, yup, I'm so creative I had to use my real name.
    Back when I first got Gold I thought my rival was a girl so I named him after my sister...
    But this time around I named him David (I have my reasons)
    I couldn't think of a decent nickname, I never can lol

godrex2

Heavy Rain
    Years
    In my file of soul silver I went back to my younger days..
    Me: Silver
    Rival: ???
    I originally named him ??? in Crystal thinking they were asking "what was that strange name you see at the bottom of the screen when you fought him little boy?"
    In my heart gold I just used regular names cause I was too lazy to think of cool ones XD
    But I did nickname my farfetched Reco XD

nkedwards90

As in notebook of chickens?
    Years
    • Age 27
    • TN
    • Seen Nov 25, 2010
    Me - Edward (Not as in Cullen)
    Rival - Pi=Cake
    I keep Pokemon's species name.

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
    Me - Lexxy
    Rival - Randy [family guy reference! RANNNNNDDYYYYYY]

Meganium - Hatsumomo

Tauros - Zodiac

Tyrantitar - Orchid [female]

Donphan - Gladiator

Kingdra - Dave [lol!]

Kangaskhan - can't think of a name

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    Character: Effy
    Rival: Cook
    Starter: Freddie (but then I changed it to Sid and named my main Pokemon, my Leafeon, Freddie)

If anyone has seen the show you can tell I'm a bit Skins addicted. :D

I have lots more strange Pokemon nicknames; I'll post later.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    Me: Mike.
    Rival: Silver.
    Pokes:
    Cyndaquil - Explotaro. (Gold's Typhlosion's Nickname).

Neurotripsy

前向きロケット団!
    Years
    Great choices, NER:D! :15:

Anyway, mine are...
    Me: Kayjay.
    Rival: Bladrey (in-joke with my best friend).
    Starter: Chikorita ---> Envy (since I'm Fullmetal Alchemist-obsessed, heh.)

I don't tend to bother coming up with original names for the rest of my Pokemon, I just change the names of the ones in my party slightly so they're not in capslock. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    I called myself Bryan, simply because that's the name I like right now (Previous ones have been Scott, Kyo, and Brandon; beyond that was Ash). My rival is Kyle, because that's another name I like right now (I was going to go with Philip, but I used Bryan and Philip as the two heroes in PMD: Explorers of Sky and I felt odd putting a name as both a good and bad guy). I don't usually give real nicknames to my Pokémon until I figure out my post-story team, so my Cyndaquil just lost caps lock. Besides, I'm working on a solo run, so most of my Pokémon aren't usually in my party anyway.

Years
    Name: Seto (after my dog...I didn't like the girl so I had to find a name for the boy)
    Rival: Paul (after the character)
    Pokemon: I don't nickname them

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    I have an original Pokemon Crystal cart that I bought used at a nearby flea market to playthrough before I played the remakes. I am one of those people who has to playthrough the original before I play the remake. My character's name and my rival's name are the same as in my Pokemon Crystal cart.
    Name: Ben
    Rival Name: Bob
    Pokemon:
    Pikachu-Pikapal
    Arcanine-R.J. (named after my Jack Russell Terrier)
    Feraligatr-Steve (named after the late Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin)
    Golem-Rocky
    Pidgeot-Alvin (named after my half sister's parrot)
    Pichu-Kaylee (named after my half sister-she's 6 years old)

Years
    Soul Silver

My name is Solo
    My rival name is Nero

Pokemon:
    Totodile= King
    Larvitar= Tyrant
    Flaaffy= Revolta

Future team mates:
    Charmander= Charnova
    Dratini= Valkyri
    ???

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well I named myself "Tom" as my real name is Christopher Thomas <ERROR 406 INSERT NORWEGIAN SOUNDING LAST NAME HERE>

I named my rival what I always name him in the Johto Series. "Sam". I've never had a rivalry with anybody named Sam before, but I thought about it one day when playing Gold and I thought "Sam sounds nice. A unisex name that sounds kind of tough. Why not?" and Sam was born. I also think Sam is a cool contrast to Tom.

I don't often nickname my Pokemon. I prefer just the species name. But I once considered nicknaming my cute Larvitar buddy to "Lars". But when he went into battle it just didn't sound right. I don't know why, it just didn't...

I haven't named myself anything other than Tom for several years. I do remember that up until I was 9 I used "Tommy" because I was called that back then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back