• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
  • Title pretty much says it all. What did you name you, your, rival, and your Pokemon?

I named mysulf after my real name only a shortened version. After thinking maybe I'm not going to share that.

I was going to name my rival Silver, but then I realized that Silver didn't fit so I just took out the 'e' and named him Silvr

The last part you fon't have to list your whole team (that's what the "What's your team?" thread is for) just list some of the amusing nickname you may have given your team members.

The new team I'm working on in my Soul Silver has some pretty unique nicknames.

Driflimb=Hobo
    Tangwroth=Cousin It
    Blaziken=Kix
    Starmie=Starfy

That's all for now.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Okay, so I named myself ジャック
    I named my rival シルバ
    My Pokémon are Nicknamed the following
    Typhlosion - Ninja
    Ampharos - Myaku
    Parasect - Smosh
    Xatu - Nate
    Lapras - Yami

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I usually name my character after my real name, so in this case I'll be known as Shivi like I am known everywhere else. As for my rival, he will keep his name as Silver as I see it fitting to him as well as because the name itself has grown on me every time I am to mention him. However, for my Pokémon, they will keep their species name as I don't have a tendency to nickname them in the game; I really never have done so to be honest. When I do actually give one a nickname, I end up forgetting about it and call it by its species name, therefore I don't nickname them anymore.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • My name: Gold

Rival: Silvr (Cause of only 5 letters max)

Starter: Explotaro

Years
  • In Soul Silver

Named myself Kudo (nickname, why not?), and rival Brian (because he was named that in my Silver GBC version for some reason, can't remember)
    Starter: Chikorita, whom I ditched ASAP (self-set challenge to not use Starter other than for catching first other pokemon)

In Heart Gold

Katakana names that translate to "Gold" (MC) and "Silver" (Rival). (That way I wouldn't need to shorten it down to Silvr, it felt more fitting anyway)

Starter: Cyndaquil (for rushing purposes)

And I don't nickname my pokemon :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I always name the playable character after my real name (or future real name) if male, and if I choose the female one, I'll name them with their official name.

I named my Rival "Silvr" this time, and I'll name him "Silver" in the English version, because I like the default names almost all the time, unless the default changes this time, in which case I'll be deciding later.

I never nickname my Pokemon, so they are just named with their original names.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • In Heart Gold I named myself
    ゴールド(GOLD)
    I named my Rival
    シルバー(Silver)

Im My Soul Silver I named myself
    マシュー(Matthew)
    I named my Rival
    シルバー(Silver)

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    In my Soul Silver, I named myself (as Kotone) Mai (マイ)
    Then I found out that the character who follows you when you're hunting down Shaymin, named Marley in English, was named Mai in Japanese. xD I actually named her Mai after a character in a completely unrelated game who has weird pigtails that defy gravity and is just a Scrappy in general.
    My rival's name is Vincent (ビンセント). Though I keep forgetting whether or not I accidentally named him "Pincent."
    And my current team is:
    Quilava: Maxwell (マクスエル)
    Bayleef: Mackenzie (マッケンジ)
    Pidgeotto: Mr. Kite (カイトさん, lit. Kite-san)
    Vaporeon: Eleanor (エラノール)
    Flaaffy: Lucy (ルーシー)
    Sandshrew: Michelle (ミシェール)
    Yay, theme naming.

A Red Spy

A TF2 Payer XD
    Years
  • I named myself MaBoi
    I named my rival Gannon
    I named my Totodile Link

Its a YouTube poopthing.......

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I'm gonna name me SinGL.

And I always name my rival something to make fun of him, like in platinum "IMALOSR", but that's out since you can only use 5 characters, so i'll probably just name him LOSER.

I still haven't decided if i'm going to get totodile or cyndaquil as my starter though...... so I don't have nicknames planned for them yet.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    I named me Mikey and my rival Mathew and my starter Totodile-Crox

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I don't give my Pokémon nicknames, but my rival (only the guys) is always Bob, just because it's a funny name :)

Mudkipable

RP/fanfic/penguin/amphy lover
    Years
  • Myself Gold
    Rival Silvr
    Team:
    Meganium - Amica
    Ampharos - Fulma
    Furret - Valpi
    Pidgeot - Avites
    Some fire pokémon - Ignis
    Vaporeon - Fluctus

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I named myself なおこ, romanized as Naoko.

I'm pretty sure I named my rival たろ [romanized Taro] simply because I don't put much thought into rival names.

My team's names were specially picked.

Chikorita - からい, Karai, spicy in reference to the spicy scent Bayleef has.

Pidgey - とり, Tori, meaning bird or chicken. My mom thinks Pidgey looks like a chicken...

Gastly - ばけもの, Bakemono, monster or changing thing. I always thought Gastlys were scary back in RBY, hence the name.

Staryu - ほし, Hoshi, meaning star. This one is self-explanatory...

Notch-Eared Pichu - かみなり, Kaminari, lightning. Refers to Pichu's electric type.

Dratini - りょうこ, Ryouko. This is a Japanese girls' name that means [I think] Dragon Child. The -Ko is there to emphasize femininity. My Dratini is a girl.

Does anyone else plan out team names like this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back