• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
Years
  • I don't name my pokemon. I do not have the game but I plan on naming my character Landon, The girl either Kotone or Lyra (Not sure) The rival I might name Bradley or Spencer.

Years
  • Oh lord, I've been premeditating on this for months. XD My name in-game will be Betty, and my boyfriend will play HG and be Danny. :D My rival will be named ???, cause I can't imagine him as much else.
    Pokemon!
    I'll have a Snorlax and a Delibird, but I don't have names yet. XD
    Lanturn: Bobby, Female
    Granbull: Pidge, Female
    Parasect: Rosemary, Female
    Meganium: Fia, Female

:D I'm so excited. >W<

Years
  • My Name: Erik. Real Name.

Rival's name (SoulSilver, all others are Gary and Barry): Devin. Because that name means one of black-haired descendant (Giovanni in this case, Silver's father), and it sounds so dark.

Starter Name: Explotaro. PokeSpecial, nuff said.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2010
    In platinum my hero was Cody and my rival was Jude.
    (I got sick of that fast.)

In SS, I might stick with canon names.
    My nicknames are pretty varied, sometimes I name them after actors, fictional characters, etc. My Feraligator is named Kon after Superboy since they have the same Color scheme, Red, yellow and blue.

My Cyndaquil is named Frey and my Charmeleon is named Fiyero.

My ground pokemon get tough names like Rokk and I named a Gliscor Felix.

I get names from all accross the board because I nickname everysingle one.
    Of course I let a 10 year old catch and name one and they named it Brett Farve.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Me: Chris
    Rival: Bob
    Pokémon:I don't do nicknames :)

7 Forms of Eevee

Friendly Trainer
    Years
  • I will be naming myself Gideon (which is my name) my rival will be Jack and all my Pokemon will be named after legendary Fire Emblem 4 Weapon's so Typhlosion will be Falaflame, Ampharos will be Torhammer, Espeon will be Narga etc... etc...

Last edited:

кιd

кιd!
    Years
  • I haven't gotten the game yet, but when I do...
    I'll name...

Myself: Jimmy
    Rival: Silver (maybe)

And for my Pokemon, I'll just leave the name alone.

Years
  • In my first pokemon game, Pokemon Yellow, I named myself Ash, and then there was Gary and Pikachu. I was dumb back in the 90s (I was ten or so.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    Me: AdspA

Rival: ??? (I called him "???" my first playthrough through the original Gold, because I was a kid)

Pokemon: default name

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
  • I normally name myself my real name, but in Platinum I wanted to be a girl for a change, so named myself after my Niece. Thinking of doing the same again, or maybe some random girls name.

My Rival will be called whatever pops into my head when I'm making him, can't remember what he was called before LG, but in LG he was Bob, Dave in Diamond and Black (Going by names of colours here, even if black is a shade not a colour).

My Pokemon get called whatever random name I can think of when I catch them, I tend to go for something random, I have a Snorlax named Gaz (Yes that's a COD referance xD).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back