• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you name yourself, your rival,and your Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Player: Glitch - just for the lulz
    Rival: Silver - I have an obsession with the manga a bit, plus I love kicking Silver's tucas around a lot.

And I also have a weak spot for nicknaming my pokemon. It never caught on to me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Name: Nica
    Rival: ...not sharing! Someone I didn't get along with at the time :x
    Pokemon: Typhlosion was named Forever ^_________^

My other Pokemon have strange names. "B+UP" and "Success" representing how I captured them.

Raith775

Patience is a virtue...
    Years
  • i named myself Tim, my rival was my competing friend Brandon, and my pokemon was Treehugger

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • My name is Sarah [I always use my real name, it doesn't feel right otherwise :L]
    My rival is Wayne. I don't know why, he just looks like a Wayne :L
    Never nickname my pokémon, but I might give it a go on my second playthrough :D

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • I named myself Cham and my rival Otter. They are both just short versions of my last name and my best friend's last name. I don't ever nickname my Pokemon.

pokemanoscar

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I named my character Oscar after myself. I named my rival Billy. I named him after my best friend. Then we fell outand I laughed when I kicked my rivals butt. And I don't really name Pokemon.

Years
  • I named myself Joana (which is my real name), my rival is Pedro (which is my brother's real name) and my started Pokémon is Yuffie (which is my cat's name).

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • For Me
    I play with my real name: Mourad
    for my rival: somebody I hate hem a lot ( trust me people it helps )
    for Pokemon : I call them with their real names !

Years
  • Me: Julio,my real name
    Rival: Erik, after my best friend

My Pokemon:dont really ever give them nicknames
    Charizard
    Pikachu
    Lucario
    Umbreon
    Bulbasaur
    Squirtle

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My nicknames are kinda weird, haha. I name all my Pokémon after random characters in video games, and both my player and rival are Ace Attorney-themed. My player's name is Phoenix, after (Phoenix Wright - and my player's female haha), my rival's name is Apollo (after Apollo Justice), and I have a Pidgey named Edgey (after Miles Edgeworth)

I have a Croconaw named Knuckles (Knuckles the Echidna), a Geodude named Katzroy (Sazh Katzroy from FFXIII), a Zubat named Demyx (from Kingdom Hearts), and a Flaaffy named Dallas (the only one not named after a video game character, but rather after Dallas Green of Alexisonfire and City and Colour).

So yeah, I'm a bit of a loser. XD;

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • NAME: Hana. i usually name myself that in videogames.. though not always, i wouldnt if the character design doesn't match the name. XD;
    RIVAL: Silver. i liked him in PokéSpe so i'll honour him <3.
    NICKNAMES: umm.. for this playthrough i brought over a load of pokémon from Sapphire. i'm pretty sure they were called..
    YAWN the Slowking
    MAG the Slugma
    SHADE the Sableye
    STRIKE the Electrike
    ... and yes, i tend to use only 4 or 5 Pokémon in my active team. XD;

oh i am so original.

Years
  • Considering I recently erased the last team I had...

Character: Ellie
    Rival: David

Pokemon:
    Del (Croconaw)
    Speedy (Dodrio)
    Lighthouse (Ampharos)
    Rayman (Scyther)
    Chow Chow (Growlithe)
    Weslie (Sneasel) Who is not yet obtained atm... >.>

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • On Soul Silver, I called myself -real name here- and named my rival Chris, because my one friend told me that he's always looked like a 'Chris' to her. And I named a couple of my Pokemon the same way I did back on my Silver version: Champ the Feraligatr, Moonstar the Umbreon...

Vegas

┐('へ')┌ Like I cared
    Years
  • I named myself as Tino (my IRL name) and rival as Silver (yay for being so original).
    And I gave a name to my starter, Totodile. It's Crunchy (yay for being even more original).

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • I call myself Sammy on all my canon games, like Platinum. When I do that, I call my rival Tyson. They're references to the comic I will make one day.

On Nuzlockes and other stuff, I call myself Steino, my IRL nickname, and my rival Dofd, my best friend in class' nickname.

I don't do nicknames, or I just improvise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back