• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you name yourself, your rival,and your Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouMadBro?

Cool Story Bro.
Years
  • I named the girl Anna (my real name) the boy Ethan and the Rival Silver...... I'm sooo original, as you can all tell. ;)

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I restarted the other day & named myself Gerbil. xDD

Don't know why... Maybe because I own three? D:

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    rival and me

i named myself cody my rival sdeezy like from shane dawson and i named my chicorita chikachika

SonGohan

ドラゴンボール
    Years
  • Named myself Gary and just named my rival Silver. Gary is my favorite anime character and I couldn't think of a better name for Silver so that's how I came up with those.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2016
    Me, I named my character Marisa (A name I'd rather have as my own. Plus to me she kind of looks like one).
    My rival, I named Ruben. (It sounds like a tough guy name I find.)

I usually only nickname the Pokemon I use most frequently.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Me: Jessica (My name)
    Rival: Bob. o.o
    Pokémon: I have their normal names

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Name: Maxine (Original Silver I was named Max, so I went with a female variation of it).
    Rival: ??? (Ah yes. I was one of those silly kids who named him that in their original game. Did it for nostalgia's sake)
    Pokemon:
    Feraligatr: Cooly (Nostaliga again. I thought Feraligatr looked cool when it evolved. :B)
    Ampharos: Denryuu (Eh. just the japanese name. nothing special)
    Bellossom: Lucia (Named after my pair)
    Houndoom: Conan (from Detective Conan/Case Closed)
    Espeon: Red (My espeons will always be named Red)
    Aerodactyl: Aero (Red's Aerodactly is named Aero, so I just took that. :V)

Tilting Clock

Apricorn Fiend
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    Player: Romulus
    Rival: Remus

Named the characters off of the creation story of Rome... yeah, I'm a dork. *adjusts nerd glasses of +5 Int*

I nickname all of my pokemon... compulsively. I named my male Chikorita Chlorophil because puns are what let me sleep peacefully at night.

Years
  • My Name is Robert, Thus my character is named the same. My Middle name is Scott, so I decided to name my rival Scott.

This only applies for Soul Silver, It's reversed for Heart Gold :)

Last edited:

Fezao4

Hi
    Years
  • Me:Well my name s Jaden but i named myself Jad.
    Rival:I call him Loser...

Pokemons:
    Typhlosion:Blaze
    Espeon:Rose
    Charizard:Charmell
    Ho-oh:Mario
    Lugia:Luigi
    Suicune:Extracune

Years
  • My name was my real name, my rival's name was Baker (it always has been, I can't remember why but since about Crystal version, before that it was named after either my brother or this really annoying cousin I had) and my Pokémon had no nicknames (I don't tend to name my Pokémon because if I ever start EV training I'll end up putting them in the PC and it'll seem like a waste of a name).

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I named myself OMER, my rival SILVER (it was that, Susan or something obscene, I can't remember XD; ) and I never nicknamed my Pokemon. The problem with nicknaming my Pokemon is that I forget to nickname all of them and then things start to look irregular, so I just leave the Pokemon as they are. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back