• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What did you use your Master Ball on?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Ruby first time: Rayquaza.
    Ruby second: none I transferred it to Diamond. xD
    Emerald: none, I used other balls to capture the legends so I transferred to Diamond. xD
    Fire red: Mewtwo
    Leaf Green, Transferred.

Last edited:

ZBDP

1st-2nd Generation Pokemon Fan
    Years
  • i used it on groudon/kyogre just because i don't want to spend time trying to capture them over and over. I just want to advance the plot so i can beat the game.

yeh. I agree. TBH, I only used mine on Groudon and never caught another legendary again (I just wanted the beat the game...Groudon uses ERUPTION!)

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • Well I used them on Mewtwo in FRLG, and Rayquazza is Emerald, I didn't know the Lati's ran away form you when I caught Rayquazza.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    I don't understand why people use them on Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos/Mewtwo/Kyogre/Groundon/Rayquaza/etc. It's part of the fun to stock up on ultra/timer balls and use a strategy on the pokemon you are trying to catch. However, those running away pokemon may seem realistic, but I have no time for breeding/getting/having some pokemon with mean look and trying to wear it down. I'm way to lazy for that.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    As soon as I receive a Master Ball, I toss it away. There's no fun in catching the Legendaries without them going down with a struggle, in my opinion. It's more challenging without using a Master Ball. It takes more skill, patience, concentration and luck to catch a Legendary without the Master Ball. I feel more happy when I catch a Legendary with an Ultra Ball after a hard fight than I do when I use a Master Ball. In short, I dislike the item known as the Master Ball.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Like Rekhyt, I tend to not use them, though I don't toss them. It's not as epic if you catch something in a Master Ball.

Duskfall

Hard-Headed Theologian
    Years
  • As soon as I receive a Master Ball, I toss it away. There's no fun in catching the Legendaries without them going down with a struggle, in my opinion. It's more challenging without using a Master Ball. It takes more skill, patience, concentration and luck to catch a Legendary without the Master Ball. I feel more happy when I catch a Legendary with an Ultra Ball after a hard fight than I do when I use a Master Ball. In short, I dislike the item known as the Master Ball.

I might kill myself if I did that. I treasure Masterballs as holy artifacts.

FR/FG: Entei (I fainted Mewtwo :D ) On another file I used it on a Shiny Hipno. Ya know, the hypno that attacks Lostelle?
    R/S/E: Kyorge. 'Cause it's sick.
    D/P: Dialga. heck, I was reading on the internet that Dialga was crazy hard to catch, so I interrupted the ominous mood by chucking a Masterball at it. That was easy. Ah, the Masterball, the Pokemon Easy Button.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Latias,

and btw Duskfall, I hope you realise that DIalga is THE easiest pokemon to catch in the game, I caught it on my first throw with an ultra ball, twice

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I usually try to save my Master Ball for, yeah, the running legendaries. Basically, I'm impatient and easily frustrated, so seeing a legendary only to have it run away before I can do much of anything (considering it always takes me 1029801 different balls to catch a legendary -- just because of my luck) is not cool in my book. Yeah, they're a bit cheap (the running away part, at least), but I'd rather just spent two seconds of my time catching them instead of hours. The Master Ball is precious, yeah, but my time's even more so, I think. Especially when I've got Pokemon I could be training instead. >_O

So, that's one of the gerbils in GSC (whichever is annoying me the most, if I don't just clone and catch through Silver), Lati@s in Ruby/Sapphire (I don't own Emerald. Yet.), the gerbils in FrLg, and Cresselia in DP. (I didn't have a hard time catching or encountering Mespirit for some reason. Cresselia was a different story, of course.) For RBY, I just save it for Mewtwo. If I don't just clone it via the MissingNo. trick and Master Ball the crap out of the stuff I find along Cinnabar's coast for awhile out of sheer boredom.

With standing legendaries, I don't mind. They don't run away, so it's more satisfying a challenge to actually stand and fight them until I can finally get them to stay in the blinking ball.

MasterZman

The Shadow...
    Years
  • Me?

In Red i used it on Mewtwo, In Blue i used it on Mew(No Cheats it was on my GB),
    In Yellow it was Moltrase, Gold was Ho-Oh, Silver was Luiga, Crystal was Suicaune, Ruby was Groudon, Sapphire was Kyogra, Emrield um i accidantaly cloned it so i captured all the ledinarys avalible(Including Mew), In Fire Red um still playing it and can't make my mined up, Leaf Green was Zapdos, XD was Shadow Luigia, and Diamond was Dialga.
    Yes i got a lot of pokemon games!

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • in red, i was young (about 6 or 7) i used it on an trainer battle i thought i could "capture any pokemon with out fail" XD
    then i learned the missing no. glitch and clone all my items haha!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    I use my masterball on the legendary dogs in fr/lg, or latios and latias. Once i caught groudon with a dive ball cause it was the only ball i had left besides the masterball

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
  • In my Leaf-Green, I used my masterball on Raikou.
    I used a Ultra Ball on Shiny Mewtwo (No cheating or hacking) =D

Back