• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] What did you use your masterball on? (or still have it)

What did you use Masterball on?

• used - on box legendary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • used - shrine legendary

• used - shiny

• used - other

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • still have, planning to use on - box legendary

• still have, planning to use on - shrine legendary

• still have, planning to use on - shiny

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • still have, planning to use on - other

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I still have mine. Im assuming you cant pass it down through breeding like every other gen. I still can use it for the shrine Pokemon. I though about using it for one my favorite Pokemon just for style but worry if bad nature it will automatically save after catch

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Held onto it for a shiny that can explode or otherwise faint itself.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I haven't got mine yet. As a Violet player I'll most likely use it on the mascot.

Got a spare off a hacked Vivillon in a Surprise Trade too, so if Mewtwo, Eternatus, or perhaps Lunala return in the DLC I'll have the perfect ball!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Haven't used it, not sure what to use it on. I caught all of the shrine Pokémon in 1-3 tries with Premier Ball, and my box legend in only 1 Luxury Ball. :/

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I cloned my Master Ball before the cloning exploit was patched. I typically use them if the opposing Pokémon will faint itself via Explosion, Struggle, etc. I lost a shiny Hoppip to Memento because I didn't realize it learned such a move. Whoops. It was my third shiny Hoppip so I wont miss it. Those critters are everywhere.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I always use the item on the box legendary (Koraidon in this case) since I don't really like it on regular Pokémon. Seems more like an achievement this way.

Years
    Wish I could vote on the poll but it seems like it closed, alas :(

The box legend for me, AKA Koraidon #2. Husband's friend wanted it for the dex entry during our call and I didn't want to keep them waiting so I just quickly chucked the ball lol. Reliable!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Truth be told, I used to use Master Balls a lot more often in the past when I didn't have the patience to weaken and catch the major legendaries with Ultra Balls. Nowadays, I have no problem doing that and I barely use my Master Balls, if at all.

Back